*This product is reaching end-of-life. Please see ThingMagic IZAR 4-Port UHF RFID Reader by JADAK for a recommended replacement product.
ThingMagic Astra-EX Integrated RFID Reader
Astra-EX is an easy to install, unobtrusive, integrated 2-port reader/antenna designed for office and commercial environments. Driven by ThingMagic's powerful Mercury6e (M6e) UHF RFID Module, Astra EX’s Wi-Fi and Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) options allow for flexible, low cost, single cable installations. Astra-EX blends in well with corporate IT infrastructures and office layouts, and offers full support for ThingMagic’s enterprise-class MercuryAPI software.
Data Sheet — ThingMagic Astra-EX Integrated RFID Reader
Need help selecting the right reader? Check out our reader guide.
- Astra-Ex RFID Reader Unit with Integrated Antenna
- Note: Power Supply NOT included.
Why buy this reader?
Driven by ThingMagics powerful Mercury6e (M6e) UHF RFID Module, Astra-EX is an easy to install, unobtrusive, integrated 2-port reader/antenna designed for office and commercial environments. Astra-EX blends in well with corporate IT infrastructures and office layouts, and Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and Wi-Fi options allow for flexible, low cost, single cable installations.
Key features of Astra-EX reader include
- High performance, EPCglobal Gen2 (optional ISO 18000-6B) support with anti-collision Dense Reader Mode (DRM) and advanced anti-jamming functionality.
- A fully integrated 8.5 dBic circularly-polarized antenna and an RP TNC connector to support an optional secondary external antenna.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) reduces cabling and electrical outlet proximity requirements.
- Wi-Fi option, providing low cost integration with existing enterprise Wi-Fi networks. Supports enterprise Wi-Fi security standards including TKIP, AES and EAP-TLS.
- 32MB of flash and 64MB of DRAM available for reader-hosted applications.
- LLRP v1.0.1 with multiprotocol extensions.
- A small form factor (10.2”H x 10.2”W x 3”D).
High-performance capabilities and application-specific features include:
- Separate read and write levels, adjustable from 5 dBm to 30 dBm on the integrated antenna and up to 31.5 dBm on the external antenna port.
- A ‘fast search’ mode for reading tags affixed to fast-moving objects.
- Read rate over 750 tags per second with high-performance feature settings.
- Read range up to 30 feet for Generation 2 UHF RFID tags.
- The ability to rapidly adapt to changing tag populations.
- The ability to obtain 128 bytes of data with every tag read.
- Support for the full cool-Log™ command set for IDS SL900A sensor tags