TSL 1166 Bluetooth Rugged UHF RFID Reader
TSL’s new 1166 Bluetooth® Rugged UHF RFID reader provides high performance UHF RFID reading in a tough and rugged form factor. The reader is highly resistant to water, dust and mechanical trauma. A high capacity battery enables non-stop operation of the reader over the full working day. Designed to read and write to EPC Class 1 Gen 2 (ISO18000-6C) tags, the 1166 can also be configured with class leading high performance 2D data scanning to bring unparalleled data collection capabilities to any host it is connected to.
Use existing Bluetooth® wireless technology enabled 1 host devices including Enterprise Handhelds, Consumer Phones, Touchscreen MP3 players, Tablets and PC’s – the 1166 will bring high performance RFID and 2D scanning to all these devices running a wide range of Operating Systems. Extensive software support is available for a wide range of platforms including code samples, demonstration applications and source code.
The 1166 Rugged Bluetooth® UHF RFID reader incorporates TSL’s unique ASCII protocol for faster and easier application development. This sophisticated parameterised ASCII protocol provides the developer a powerful set of commands that carry out multiple actions locally within the reader. This approach enables multiple tag operations executed using simple pre-configured ASCII commands which not only speeds integration of the reader into applications but also abstracts the developer from some of the complexities of the underlying Native API and ultimately results in un-paralleled levels of performance.
Data Sheet — TSL 1166 Bluetooth Rugged UHF RFID Reader
Need help selecting the right reader? Check out our reader guide.
- TSL 1166 Bluetooth Rugged UHF RFID Reader Unit
- Removable, rechargeable Lithium Ion battery pack
- One Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Why buy this reader?
The TSL 1166 Bluetooth Rugged UHF RFID Reader provides high performance UHF RFID reading/writing with all host devices. The TSL 1166 is both water-resistant and dust-proof to IP67, and can withstand multiple drops of two meters to concrete. Equipped with a high capacity battery, the TSL 1166 enables non-stop operation over the full working day.
- High performance UHF RFID reading / writing with all host devices.
- Highly resistant to water, dust, and mechanical trauma.
- A range of optional barcode engines can be specified to provide 2D data capture at distances of up to 15m.
- Store millions of tags and barcodes with date and time stamping.
- A high capacity battery enables non-stop operation of the reader over the full working day.
- Works with all software that has been developed for TSL Bluetooth® UHF RFID Readers.
- Operates with Android, iOS (pending), Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Windows Mobile, Windows CE, and Windows Phone.
Note: The TSL 1166 Bluetooth Rugged UHF RFID Reader requires a separate purchase of either the TSL 1166/2166 Docking Station & Line Cord (US or EU, depending on region selected) or the TSL External Battery Charger to charge the reader.
The following recommended or replacement accessories are available for the TSL 1166 Bluetooth Rugged UHF RFID Reader. Contact us today for more detailed information about these accessories.
- TSL Pop-Loq Device Mounts
- TSL 1166/2166 Docking Station Kit & Line Cord (US)
- TSL 1166/2166 Docking Station Kit & Line Cord (EU)
- TSL 1166/2166 Docking Station Kit & Line Cord (UK)
- TSL 1166 Region Specific Line Cord (US, EU, and UK)
- TSL 1166 Spare Battery
- TSL 1166 External Battery Charger
TSL CompleteCare Maintenance Programs
All TSL® products come with a standard 12 months Return to Base manufacturer’s warranty. To enhance your warranty, consider purchasing a CompleteCare maintenance program. With a CompleteCare maintenance program there are no unexpected repair costs and you will also benefit from significantly reduced turnaround time for your repairs, ensuring you protect the continuity of your business and maximize performance output.
- TSL CompleteCare Maintenance Program (1166 Bluetooth Reader)
- TSL CompleteCare+ Maintenance Program (1166 Bluetooth Reader)
NOTE: TSL CompleteCare and CompleteCare+ Maintenance Programs are currently available to customers in North America only and are for FCC Regulatory Approved RFID units only. All TSL CompleteCare and CompleteCare+ Maintenance Programs must be ordered within 30 days from the date of your hardware purchase. Your enhanced coverage begins from day one of purchasing your CompleteCare or CompleteCare+ Maintenance Program and continues through the purchased period.
Units will be repaired and returned to manufacturing specification within seven business days. Advanced Exchange is available with a CompleteCare+ Maintenance Program. Online Troubleshooting Guide and technicians (phone support) are included to prevent or minimize inbound repairs. Enhanced coverage excludes units that have been crushed, submerged in liquid, or damaged beyond repair. Contact Us today for more detailed information.