Zebra RFD40 Premium Plus UHF RFID Sled
Based on Zebra-designed proprietary radio technology, the Zebra RFD40 Premium Plus UHF RFID Sled is a capable RFID powerhouse that raises the bar for RFID reading performance. With a read rate of 1,300+ tags per second, the RFD40 sled allows workers to be more efficient and effective with their cycle counting and item-finding tasks. This state-of-the-art RAIN RFID sled offers the ability to connect to eConnex™-enabled devices such as the TC21/26 and EC50/55 through eConnex™ adaptors or through other USB accessories. The RFD40 sled comes standard with a new tri-function programmable trigger, which allows users to quickly access RFID reading, barcode scanning, and a programmable third function of choice, such as the enter key or push-to-talk. By default, the top trigger is set to control RFID reading operation and the bottom trigger is configured to control the barcode scanner in the Zebra mobile computer. An additional third function can be initiated by pulling both triggers at the same time. The charging solutions for the RFD40 sled provide users with a flexible way to power up the sled and mobile computer in a variety of ways. Featuring 2 sets of charging pins, each cradle cup can charge the RFD40 sled by itself, the mobile computer by itself, or the combination of RFD40 sled and mobile computer when attached together. A USB-C port at the bottom of the RFD40 sled, as well as a pinned connector, allows for connection of the RFD40 sled to a Windows-based PC or other host via a USB-C cable or cable cup which enables the RFD40 sled to be used as a tethered RFID reader.
Additional configuration options are available to meet your needs. Visit Zebra RFD40 Standard UHF RFID Sled for a standard RFID only model or Zebra RFD40 Premium UHF RFID Sled for a premium model that offers integrated Wi-Fi 6 capabilities plus Bluetooth 5.3 connectivity. Contact Us today for more information.
Data Sheet — Zebra RFD40 Premium Plus UHF RFID Sled
Need help selecting the right reader? Check out our reader guide.
- Zebra RFD40 Premium Plus UHF RFID Sled Unit
- Quick Start Guide
- One Year Standard Manufacturer Warranty
- 1-Slot Universal Charging Cradle, Power Supply, and Line Cords, if selected above (Please note that using a non-manufacturer approved power supply voids the warranty)
NOTE: A compatible mobile computer is NOT included.
Why buy this reader?
The Zebra RFD40 Premium Plus UHF RFID Sled empowers workers in the retail, hospitality and healthcare industries to work more efficiently. The RFD40 Premium Plus model optimizes cycle-counting with industry-best RFID performance. This device comes standard with an integrated SE4100 imager that provides 1D and 2D scanning functionality for the most challenging barcodes—including poorly printed, damaged, dirty, crinkled, low-contrast, glossy and electronic barcodes on dimly lit mobile phone displays.
- Integrated SE4100 barcode scanner.
- Wi-Fi 6 which allows for OTA device management.
- Bluetooth 5.3 and NFC tap-to-pair capability.
- Configuration is easy with 123RFID Software.
- Ultra-accurate, item-finder mode that enables workers to locate critical items or assets with ease.
- Next generation connectivity for ultimate flexibility.
- Industry-leading performance and ergonomics for unparalleled worker efficiency.
- Industry leading read rate: 1,300+ tags per second.
- Tri-function, user programmable trigger.
- 5-foot drop to concrete specification and a 500 cycle 0.5 m (1.6 ft) tumble specification.
- IP 54 sealing for dust and water protection.
- Quick release, 7000 mAh battery with optional locking foot.
- Provides superior read performance, flexibility, and ease of management.
- Equipped with the ability to instantly connect to supported eConnex™-enabled devices including the TC21/26 and EC50/55.
- Empowers workers in retail, hospitality, and healthcare industries to work more efficiently.
- SDK for this sled is based on the current Zebra RFID handheld SDK.
- TAA compliant.
- Common applications: retail, hospitality, and healthcare.
RFD40 Sled Host Device Mounting Compatibility
|Mobile Computer Device||eConnex™ Adapter*||Exoskeleton Required||Bluetooth Adapter®|
|Zebra TC26||ADP-RFD40-TC2X-1E||No|| Not Available
|Zebra EC50||ADP-RFD40-EC5X-1E||No|| Not Available
|Zebra EC55||ADP-RFD40-EC5X-1E||No|| Not Available
|Zebra TC52ax with SE5500 Imager||ADP-RFD40-TC5X-0E||SG-TC52AXEXOLOL-01*||Not Available|
|Zebra TC53||ADP-RFD40-TC5X-2E||SG-NGTC5EXO1-01||Not Available|
|Zebra TC58||ADP-RFD40-TC5X-2E||SG-NGTC5EXO1-01||Not Available|
- Zebra eConnex™ Adapters MUST be used in conjunction with mobile devices that come standard with 8-Pin Back I/O Connectors.
- When using the Zebra TC52ax SE5500 Imager Rugged Exoskeleton (SG-TC52AXLORGB-01), the hand strap will need to be removed before using the trigger handle.
The following optional and replacement accessories are available for the Zebra RFD40 Premium UHF RFID Sled. Contact us today for more detailed information about these accessories.
- Zebra RFD40 Sled eConnex™ Adapter for EC50/EC55 Mobile Computers
- Zebra RFD40 Sled eConnex™ Adapter for TC21/TC26 Mobile Computers
- Zebra 1-Slot Charging ShareCradle for RFD40 & RFD90 Sleds
- Zebra Single Slot Charging ShareCradles
- Zebra Single Slot Charge-Communication ShareCradles
- Zebra Single Slot Charging ShareCradle Base
- Zebra Single Slot Charge + Communication ShareCradle Base
- Zebra Multi-Slot Charging ShareCradles
- Zebra Multi-Slot Charge + Ethernet ShareCradles
- Zebra Multi-Slot Charging ShareCradle Base
- Zebra Multi-Slot Charge + Ethernet ShareCradle Base
- Zebra Cradle Cups
- Zebra Multi-Slot ShareCradle Wall/Rack Mount Bracket
- Zebra 5-Slot ShareCradle Mounting Bracket Adapter Plate for Honeywell
- Zebra 4-Slot Battery Charger
- Zebra USB-C Cables
- Zebra eConnex™ Adapters
- Zebra Regional Power Supplies
- Zebra Line Cords
- Zebra Spare Batteries
- Zebra Battery Locking Foot