ThingMagic USB Pro RFID Reader
ThingMagic USB Pro RFID Reader
The ThingMagic USB Pro RFID Reader allows solutions developers to support applications that require desktop reading and writing of EPC Global Gen2 tags as well as other protocols such as ISO18000-6B, IPx and AEI ATA through additional license. Based on ThingMagic’s best-in-class M6e-Micro LTE UHF RFID module, the USBPro RFID Reader is controlled and powered by a host PC or laptop through a USB interface and supports autonomous operation. The ThingMagic USB Pro RFID Reader is compatible with ThingMagic’s application development tools, including Universal Reader Assistant, permitting rapid creation of solutions to support a wide range of applications. The USB Pro RFID Reader is an ideal solution for tag commissioning, manufacturing WIP, document tracking, retail POS, and workflows for healthcare, events, and hospitality applications.
Data Sheet — ThingMagic USB Pro RFID Reader
Need help selecting the right reader? Check out our reader guide.
- USB Pro RFID Reader unit
- USB Micro-B connector, with removable 6 ft cable with dual USB-A type plug
- One year factory warranty
Why buy this reader?
The ThingMagic USB Pro RFID Reader is a cost-effective and easily deployable 1W device that allows solution developers to support a wide range of applications that require near or far field desktop reading and writing of EPC Global Gen2V2, AEI ATA, ISO 18,000-6B and IPx tags. The 2nd external antenna allows for expanded applications including small portals, POS devices and kiosks.
- Support for EPC Gen2V2 (ISO18000-63), AEI ATA, ISO 18000-6B, IPx protocols.
- Powered by PC, laptop or tablet through a host USB interface.
- Windows, Android or Mac host operating system.
- Support in the 865-869 and 902-928 UHF RFID carrier frequency ranges to accommodate worldwide regulations.
- Certifiable for operation in countries adopting FCC, ETSI, India, Korea, Australia, P.R. China, and Japan regulatory specifications (Open (Customizable) 865-868 MHz and 902-928 MHz).
- Internal linear polarized antenna with peak gain of 1 dBi.
- Additional antenna port for 2nd external antenna.
- ThingMagic Reader Assistant software and applications development tools.
- 50 tags/second read rate.
- High impact plastic case.
Optional Supported Protocols
The protocols below can be added to each reader at an additional cost. If you have any questions, please contact us.
|Air Interface Protocol - Standard:||EPC Gen2V2 ISO18000-63|
|Air Interface Protocol - Additional:||AEI ATA is available through additional license|
|Operating Frequency:||UHF (856-869 MHz) and (902-928 MHz)|
|Transmit Power:||-5 dBm to +30 dBm (software adjustable)|
|Max Receive Sensitivity:||Not published|
|Max Read Distance:||From to 76 mm to 1.2 m (3 in to 4 ft) - with internal antenna , Up to 6.1 m (20 ft) - with external 6dBi linearly polarized wideband antenna|
|Max Read Rate:||Up to 50 tags/second|
|GPI:||2 I/O command controlled LEDs|
|GPO:||2 I/O command queried switches|
|Power Source:||USB cable|
|Antenna Port:||1 RP-SMA female (connects to RP-SMA male)|
|Dimensions:||97 x 61 x 25 mm (3.8 x 2.4 x 1.0 in)|
|Weight:||0.16 kg (0.34 lbs)|
|IP Rating:||Not published|
|Operating Temperature:||-40° to +60°C (-40° to +140°F)|
|Host API:||Mercury API SDK|
|Demo Software:||Universal Reader Assistant|