What is a Clearance Product?
What is a Clearance Product?
Clearance Products are high-quality RFID items offered at deeply discounted prices. Our broad range of Clearance products include brand-new, discontinued, end of stock, returned, and lightly-used demo items offered at a reduced price. All Clearance products have been tested and are fully functional. Due to exceptional pricing, all Clearance products are final sale and may not be returned or exchanged.
Note: Supplies are limited to inventory on hand. Clearance products may have minor cosmetic smudges or may be missing original packaging.
ThingMagic EL6e Embedded RFID Reader Module [Clearance]
The ThingMagic EL6e Embedded RFID Reader Module enables easy integration of embedded RFID into OEM designs. Based on the industry-proven ThingMagic Nano module, the EL6e adds interface and operability features that allow engineers to minimize design efforts and quickly embed an RFID module in any application that requires mid-or short-range read distance. The EL6e supports autonomous workflows permitting rapid creation of solutions without RFID expertise nor the use of SDKs and integration tools, and it’s among the first products in the market to support a new developer-friendly interface between applications and RAIN RFID readers, the RAIN Communication Interface. This bare board reader module can be enhanced with an optional North American range or EU range antenna designed to be physically attached to the EL6e board via standoff hardware or with an external antenna via a U.FL on-board connector.
NOTE: This product is a reader module – NOT a finished RFID reader – and is meant for OEM and developers to embed into products or to be used in the creation of a new finished reader. If you are interested in an existing finished reader product, check out our line of finished ThingMagic readers.
Data Sheet — ThingMagic EL6e Embedded RFID Reader Module [Clearance]
Quick Start Guide — RAIN Communication Interface (RCI)
Need help selecting the right reader module? Check out our reader module guide.
- ThingMagic EL6e Embedded RFID Reader Module Unit (Bare Board)
Why buy this module?
Based on the industry-proven ThingMagic Nano module, the ThingMagic EL6e Embedded RFID Reader Module is the ideal all-in-one embedded RFID solution for short- to mid-range applications that require a quick path to integration.
- Offers simplified RFID implementation with RAIN Communication Interface (RCI).
- Built around proven ThingMagic Nano module.
- RAIN Communication Interface supports RAIN RFID technology standards.
- Highly integrated UHF RFID reader with ARM based Cortex-M4 architecture.
- Optional board-mounted antenna with read range up to 2 meters.
- Standard options for USB or Serial RS232 interface and custom configurations for SPI, I2C or RS485.
- Pre-loaded Autonomous Workflows simplify integration.
- Support for EPCglobal Gen 2V2 Protocol (ISO 18000-63).
- Support in the 865-868 and 915-928 UHF RFID carrier frequency ranges to accommodate worldwide regulations.
- Region selections for the high band frequency range (915-928 MHz) include: FCC (NA,SA), Argentina, Australia, Bangladesh, China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Macao, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, and Thailand.
- Region selections for the low band frequency range (865-868 MHz) include: ETSI (EU), Hong Kong, India, Russia, and Vietnam.
- Application areas: medical equipment for healthcare and pharmaceutical industries, Kit assembly and returns processing stations, and access gates in parking garages, ski lift gates, and other applications.
|Air Interface Protocol:||EPCglobal Gen 2V2 (ISO 18000-63)|
|Operating Frequency:||Global (see data sheet for more info)|
|Transmit Power:||0 to +27 dBm in 0.01 dB steps|
|Max Receive Sensitivity:||Not published|
|Max Read Distance:||Up to 2 m (6 ft) - reliant on power availability, antenna choice, and tag size|
|Max Read Rate:||Up to 65 tags/second|
|Data Interface:||USB or RS-232, depending on selection above|
|GPIO:||Four 3.3V GPIO ports: 1 input (sensor), 1 service, and 2 output (indicator) lines|
|Power Source:||USB cable or RS-232 cable terminated in a 9-pin D-shell connector|
|Antenna Ports:||U.FL connector for an externally mounted antenna|
|Dimensions - Without Antenna:||50 x 122.5 x 10.5 mm (1.97 x 4.82 x 0.41 in)|
|Dimensions - With Antenna:||50 x 122.5 x 15.5 mm (1.97 x 4.82 x 0.61 in)|
|Weight:||0.045 kg (0.1 lbs)|
|Operating Temperature:||0° to +50°C (32° to +122°F)|
|Host API:||RAIN Communications Interface (RCI)|
|Demo Software:||Pre-loaded workflows controlled via ThingMagic Configuration Tool (TCT)|