ThingMagic M1-Mini Shielded (HF) Embedded RFID Reader Module
The ThingMagic® M1-Mini Embedded HF RFID Reader for OEM designers is the world’s smallest, self-contained embedded HF RFID reader. This reader enables the capability of any industrial or medical portable device to read and write to ISO 15693 tags. The M1-Mini’s transponder reads at a high-frequency, 13.56 MHz, with an effective range of 3.5 to 5.0 cm with the option to extend its read range by attaching to a 50-ohm external antenna. Further, the module has a customizable power scheme to improve power efficiency in battery-operated devices, controlled by configuring the on-board power regulator between 3.2 and 6 V, and by using the Start-Up command and Sleep Mode, which sets current as low as 50 μA. Three host interfaces are available for maximum flexibility: UART (TTL) adjustable baud rate of 4800–57600 bps, I2C ranged up to 400 kHz, and SPI ranged up to 3 MHz.
NOTE: This product is a reader module – NOT a finished RFID reader – and is meant for OEM and developers to embed into products or to be used in the creation of a new finished reader. If you are interested in an existing finished reader product, check out our line of finished ThingMagic readers.
Data Sheet — ThingMagic M1-Mini Shielded (HF) Embedded RFID Reader Module
Module Comparison — ThingMagic M1-Mini Shielded (HF) Embedded RFID Reader Module
Need help selecting the right reader module? Check out our reader module guide.
- ThingMagic M1-Mini Shielded (HF) Embedded RFID Reader Module Unit
Why buy this module?
Boasting a tiny form factor, the ThingMagic M1-Mini Shielded (HF) Embedded RFID Reader is the smallest RFID reader module on the market. This reader is designed to enable any device with RFID reader technology at a power efficient, high-performance frequency for OEM.
- Smallest HF reader on the market.
- Designed for rapid, seamless integration.
- Easy to embed in devices for fast integration.
- Expanded range with attachable antenna.
- Configurable power scheme.
- Low power consumption.
- Reads wide variety of tags.
- Software adjustable host interfaces: UART (TTL), SPI, I2C.
- Simple and intuitive API.
- Common applications:
- Medical equipment for healthcare & pharmaceutical industries
- Industrial equipment
- Kiosks and vending machines
- Mobile devices, including printers, handhelds, and sensor networks