Avery Dennison AD-456u8 UHF RFID Wet Inlay (NXP UCODE 8)
The Avery Dennison AD-456u8 UHF RFID Wet Inlay is one of Avery Dennison’s first on-metal tag solutions for UHF RFID label applications. Equipped with NXP’s UCODE 8 IC, this 64 x 6 mm (2.52 x 0.236 in) match-stick style label is made to fit a variety of products, large or small. This new design is a unique foam tag solution which continues to radiate when applied to virtually any material, enabling the tag to reach read distances of up to 3 m (9.8 ft). The AD-456u8 provides an optimal RFID tag solution for omnichannel retailers specializing in health and beauty, food and beverage, and many other markets where metallized packaging and liquid containers are prevalent. Performing especially well on products with metal and liquid content, this soft, pliable tag conforms well to curved surfaces and uses a highly durable and permanent adhesive that provides excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates. Additionally, the AD-456u8 offers a print-friendly 2 mil White Polyester face stock that provides excellent tear strength, heat resistance, and chemical resistance for applications where higher durability is needed.
US Data Sheet — Avery Dennison AD-456u8 UHF RFID Wet Inlay (NXP UCODE 8)
EU Data Sheet — Avery Dennison AD-456u8 UHF RFID Wet Inlay (NXP UCODE 8)
Need help selecting the right tag? Check out our tag guide.
Why buy this tag?
Designed with the ability to conform well to curved surfaces, Avery Dennison AD-456u8 is a high performing and incredibly versatile Gen2 UHF RFID inlay recommended for tagging on-metal, liquids, plastic, and other typically hard to read products and surfaces. Available in both FCC and ETSI versions, AD-456u8 is an excellent option to consider when tagging items that cannot be RFID enabled with traditional inlay designs.
- Two region-specific globally tuned designs available: the FCC version exhibits peak performance at 902-928 MHz and the ETSI version exhibits peak performance at 865-868 MHz.
- Equipped with the NXP UCODE 8 IC chip.
- 64 x 6 mm (2.52 x 0.236 in) form factor.
- 128 bits EPC memory profile.
- 48 bit unique serialized TID number.
- "Kill" and access password capabilities.
- Flexible tag construction, with the ability to conform well to curved surfaces.
- High performance on metal surfaces and on items containing liquid.
- Provides universal performance across a wide range of surfaces, including metals, liquids, and plastics.
- Optimized to perform well when tagged onto these challenging surfaces.
- Common applications: health and beauty, beverages and snacks, miscellaneous item level consumables, and on-metal applications.