Vulcan RFID Custom Universal Hard Tag
An RFID tag that truly lives up to its name. The Vulcan RFID Custom Universal RFID Hard Tag features surface independent tags with a patented inlay design used to obtain excellent read ranges regardless of the surface – metal, plastic, even wood. Along with the Vulcan RFID Custom Universal RFID Asset Tag, these two products make up a revolutionary product line that allows you to use only one RFID tag for your asset tracking application. The Universal RFID Hard Tag features impact-resistant housing combined with an ultrasonically welded seal that protects the subsurface printed label and RFID inlay from harsh environments including harmful UV rays. This durable product also withstands heavy impact and will read after resurfacing from submersion in over 20’ of water. The housing comes standard with two holes for mechanical fasteners; however, permanent pressure-sensitive adhesive is also available as an optional affixing method. Unlike other RFID hard tags on the market, the Universal RFID Hard Tag's clear housing allows customers to see the customized label inside. Our four-color processing capabilities allow you to promote your company with a label that shows off your company name or logo.
Specialty RFID labels take advantage of sub-surface printing wherein the printed media has a protective covering. In order to remove the copy from a label, one would have to destroy the label itself.
Data Sheet — Vulcan RFID Custom Universal Hard Tag
Need help selecting the right tag? Check out our tag guide.
- A choice of up to four standard or custom colors is included
- Custom printing included in price (custom barcode and full-color, one-sided printing of logos or other graphics)
- Custom encoding included in price - Upon order completion, you will be contacted for printing/encoding specifics
Why buy this tag?
Each Vulcan RFID Custom Universal Hard Tag can be programmed to match the variable information printed on the label. Every product features a subsurface digital printing process, which ensures crisp details on even the most complex logos for maximum clarity. The hard casing makes this a rugged, durable tag.
If you need a quantity that is not listed above, please contact us for a custom quote.
- Patented inlay design obtains excellent read range regardless of surface metal, plastic, even wood.
- Impact-resistant housing protects RFID inlay from harmful UV rays.
- Ultrasonically welded seal protects RFID inlay from caustics/acids.
- Digital printing process provides for greater print capability with detailed logos or special designs.
- Choice of up to four standard or custom colors.
- Affixing methods include mechanical fasteners (standard) and/or adhesive (optional).