*Orders from sample stock usually ship in 3 to 5 business days. Order quantities of 100+ tags ship in 3 to 4 weeks after proof approval. Additional ICs are available upon request. Please contact us if you have specific IC requirements or questions.
Vulcan RFID™ Custom Universal Asset Tag
The closest thing you will find to a "one-size-fits-all" RFID solution. The Vulcan RFID™ Custom Universal Asset Tag features an inlay design that offers the lowest profile of any tags in its class - solving a common issue many customers have with other metal mount RFID tags. This revolutionary product line features surface-independent tags with a patent-pending inlay designed to obtain excellent read range regardless of the surface - metal, plastic, even wood. Custom programming matches the printed bar code information allowing you the option of using both tracking technologies.
Specialty RFID labels take advantage of sub-surface printing wherein the printed media has a protective covering. In order to remove the copy from a label, one would have to destroy the label itself.
NOTE: Due to market demands, this product is transitioning away from the Alien Higgs 3 to the NXP UCODE 8 and Impinj Monza R6-P IC. Sample stock may still contain the Alien Higgs 3 while re-orders and higher volumes will contain the NXP UCODE 8 or Impinj Monza R6-P chip. Additional ICs are available upon request. Please contact us for more details.
Data Sheet — Vulcan RFID™ Custom Universal Asset Tag
Need help selecting the right tag? Check out our tag guide.
- A choice of up to four standard or custom colors is included
- Custom printing included in price (custom barcode and full-color, one-sided printing of logos or other graphics)
- Custom encoding included in price - Upon order completion, you will be contacted for printing/encoding specifics
Why buy this tag?
The Vulcan RFID™ Custom Universal Asset Tag has an incredibly small form factor and a low profile making it extremely versatile, ideal for many different applications. With a read range of up to 27.5 feet on metal and 20 feet on plastic, this tag is truly unique as well as customizable.
If you need a quantity that is not listed above, please contact us for a custom quote.
- Patented inlay design obtains excellent read range regardless of surface- metal, plastic, even wood.
- Lowest profile in its class makes this label unobtrusive.
- Subsurface printing on durable polyester protects printed copy against moderate solvents and caustics/acids.
- Digital printing process provides for greater print capability with detailed logos or special designs.
- Choice of up to four standard or custom colors.
NXP UCODE 8: EPC 128 bits, User 0 bits, TID 96 bits
Impinj Monza R6-P: EPC 128/96 bits, User 32/64 bits, TID 48 bits