SMARTRAC MIDAS FLAGTAG® (Monza R6-P)
The SMARTRAC MIDAS FLAGTAG® is a great low cost alternative to on-metal tags with a foam structure. The MIDAS FLAGTAG® is designed for item-level tagging on diverse surfaces, especially metallic surfaces like foil packaging, and offers excellent performance in less demanding physical environments. When compared to other foam-based inlays and hard tags designed for use in tougher environmental conditions, the MIDAS FLAGTAG® is an ideal on-metal solution for product or part authentication, supply chain, and asset management. Furthermore, these tags can also be used on plastic and cardboard surfaces and works well as a standard tag.
The MIDAS FLAGTAG® is equipped with an innovative small form factor with a total size of 60 x 21 mm when used as a standard flat paper tag. Its special feature is that a flag can be created at the end of tag with a final paper tag size of 43 x 21 mm after folding, and with an exposed flag size of 17 x 21 mm. The folded part of the tag sticks out of the metal like a flag, and the attached antenna part uses the metal surface as part of the antenna structure to increase the performance of the tag. These tags are equipped with the Impinj Monza R6-P IC that features an Autotune function, which helps each MIDAS FLAGTAG® to work at peak efficiency, even in rapidly changing environments. Additionally, the Monza R6-P chip offers unique TID, enabling pre-serialized EPC, and is 100% performance tested.
Data Sheet — SMARTRAC MIDAS FLAGTAG® (Monza R6-P)
Need help selecting the right tag? Check out our tag guide.
Why buy this tag?
Equipped with the Impinj Monza R6-P chip and a global operating frequency, the SMARTRAC MIDAS FLAGTAG® provides higher sensitivity, durability, and environmental auto-tune abilities. RFID printer compatible, each MIDAS FLAGTAG® provides unprecedented performance on metallic and liquid surfaces.
- Impinj Monza R6-P IC chip.
- Excellent performance on metal and liquids.
- On-metal flag tag, top flap is folded down.
- Bottom section touching metallic surfaces, top section exposed above metallic surfaces.
- Antenna: 31.4 X 18 mm; Die cut: 60 x 21 mm.
- After folding: 43 x 21 mm, Exposed flag: 17 x 21 mm.
- Read distances of over 10 meters can be achieved, depending on the geometry and size of the metal object.
- Compatible with RFID printers for easy printing and encoding.
- Common applications: foil packaging, cosmetics, beverages, metallic assets, steel, and surgical consumables.