*This product is reaching end-of-life and will soon be discontinued.. Visit Zebra RFD40 Premium Plus UHF RFID Sled for a recommended replacement product.*
Zebra RFD8500 Bluetooth Handheld UHF RFID Sled
With the Zebra RFD8500 Bluetooth Handheld UHF RFID Sled, you can empower select Zebra and compatible third-party mobile devices, tablets, and smart phones with enterprise-class UHF RFID and 1D/2D bar code scanning technology, whenever and wherever you need it — simply, easily and cost-effectively. Just pair this Bluetooth-enabled sled with your mobile device and attach the mobile device to the RFD8500 for a single-handed RFID reader solution or put the mobile device in a pocket or holster and use the RFD8500 in standalone mode. With support for Android, iOS, and in the future, Windows, you get real investment protection. The RFD8500 sleds you buy today will work with the devices you use now, and in the future. When it comes to performance, whether your workers are capturing RFID tags or bar codes, the RFD8500 is unparalleled; workers can capture tags and bar codes faster and with ease, improving productivity, operational efficiency, and customer service.
Data Sheet — Zebra RFD8500 Bluetooth Handheld UHF RFID Sled
Need help selecting the right reader? Check out our reader guide.
- Zebra RFD8500 Bluetooth Handheld UHF RFID Sled unit
- 4410 mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
- Micro USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Regulatory Guide
- One Year Factory Warranty
- Smartphone is NOT included
- 1-Slot Universal Charging Cradle, Power Supply, & Line Cords, if selected above (Please note that using a non-manufacturer approved power supply voids the warranty)
Why buy this reader?
The lightweight, ergonomic Zebra RFD8500 Bluetooth Handheld UHF RFID Sled offers full-shift battery life, making it ideal for inventory and asset management, product search and replenishment applications in retail stores, warehouses and healthcare environments.
- Break through design that provides maximum omni-directional range, read/write performance, and coverage.
- Multi-OS and multi-platform.
- Fast RFID tag capture in various environments.
- Industry best inventory scanning speeds: 600+ tags/sec read speed.
- High performance battery for full shift operation.
- Flexible deployment options.
- Prevent counterfeiting and protect consumer privacy with EPC Global Gen2 v2.
- Easy to deploy: attached and remove in seconds with standard Quad lock mounts and custom-tailored adapters.
- Instantly capture any printed or electronic 1D/2D bar code.
- Easily toggle between RFID and bar code scanning.
- Fast and easy application development with Zebra's unique ZETI protocol.
- Enterprise-class charging solutions for easy power management.
- With regulatory approvals with over 80+ countries, the RFD8500 can be deployed globally across your operations.
- Rugged design and well-balanced, gun-style grip lets workers quickly and accurately capture RFID data on even the most challenging items.
- Zebra TC51 Android Mobile Touch Computer
- Zebra TC52 Android Mobile Touch Computer
- Zebra TC52ax Android Mobile Touch Computer
- Zebra TC52x Mobile Computers
- Zebra TC53 Mobile Computers
- Zebra TC56 Android Mobile Touch Computer
- Zebra TC57 Android Mobile Touch Computer
- Zebra TC57x Android Mobile Touch Computer
- Zebra TC58 Mobile Computers
- Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation
- Apple iPhone 5
- Other consumer devices
- Zebra TC72 Android Mobile Touch Computers
- Zebra TC77 Ultra-Rugged Android Mobile Touch Computers
NOTE: A compatible adapter mount is required to mount your device on top the Zebra RFD8500 Reader. Other consumer devices including the Samsung Galaxy as well as the Zebra TC72 and TC77 Series Mobile Computers may be compatible when used in conjunction with a Quad Lock Universal Adapter. Contact us for more information.
The following optional and replacement accessories are available for the Zebra RFD8500 Bluetooth Handheld UHF RFID Sled. Contact us today for more detailed information about these accessories.
- 3-Slot Universal Charging Cradle for RFD8500 Sled
- Adapter Mount for TC5X Series Devices
- Quad Lock Battery Door Mount for Smartphones
- Adapter Mount for iPod Touch 5/iPhone 5
- AC Line Cord, 36 in; grounded, three wire
- Charging Cable
- Dual Battery Charger
- Lithium-Ion Battery 4410 mAh
- Micro USB cable
- Power Supply with Four International Plugs (US, UK, EU & AU)
|Air Interface Protocol:||EPC Class 1 Gen 2; EPC Gen2 V2|
|Operating Frequency:||FCC (902-928 MHz)|
|Antenna Type:||Zebra Proprietary Antenna|
|Max Read Distance:||6+ m (20+ ft)|
|Scanner:||RFID only or RFID with SE4710 Imager|
|Operating System:||Devices with Android 4.4 or iOS 8 OS|
|Data Interface:||USB, Bluetooth|
|Batch Memory:||Stores 40,000+ RFID Tags, 500 barcode|
|Power Source:||PowerPrecision Li-Ion batteries, 4410 mAh|
|Dimensions:||130 x 79 x 185 mm (5.1 x 3.1 x 7.3 in)|
|Weight (Non-Imager Version):||0.43 kg (0.95 lbs)|
|Weight (Imager Version):||0.44 kg (0.96 lbs)|
|IP Rating:||IP 52|
|Operating Temperature:||-10°C to 40°C (14°F to 104°F)|
|Host API:||Zebra Easy Text Interface (ZETI)|
|Demo Software:||Not published|