Impinj, one of the leaders in the RFID market, has just announced their newest reader – the Impinj R700. Like their previous readers, the Impinj R700 UHF RFID reader is designed with high performance and reliability in mind and built for “Next-Generation IoT Solutions”. Key new features and improvements include:
- Developer Friendly APIs
- -92 dBm Receive Sensitivity – one of the most sensitive readers on the market
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Supports up to 32 antennas with one-wire antenna connectivity
- Secure, upgradable Linux operating system
- Encrypted software image
- Easy connectivity via its RESTful API
This is Impinj’s first 4-port, universal, enterprise RFID reader since the release of the Impinj Speedway R420. The Impinj R700 builds on the need for a reader and RFID platform that’s easy to use, reliable, and easy to deploy in the increasingly popular IoT solutions market. The Impinj Platform is integrated with RAIN RFID which spans endpoints, connectivity, and software – and the Impinj R700 Reader is the newest addition.
Impinj released this reader following the introduction of the Impinj M700 endpoint IC family. The Impinj M730 and M750 IC’s boast ‘high performance, fast inventory capability, and advanced features for next-generation RAIN RFID tags’. The new IC’s have improved tag readability and read rate in order to reduce inventory time, increase read distance, and improve productivity.
- Impinj M730 IC – 128-bit EPC,
- Impinj M750 IC – 96-bit EPC, 32-bit User Memory
The release of this reader sets the stage for the new Impinj platform for optimizing and delivering ideal performance throughout a broad range of RFID and IoT applications.
The Impinj R700 will be generally available in the third-quarter of 2020. For more information about the Impinj R700 UHF RFID Reader – see the full press here.
To see the press release for the Impinj M700 endpoint IC family – click here.
To read more articles about Impinj products, check out the links below!
- How to Set Up The Impinj Speedway Revolution R420 RFID Reader
- Impinj R420 UHF RFID Reader Quick Start Guide - Starting Reading RFID Tags with the R420 in 3 Minutes
- Downloading, Installing, and Using Impinj's ItemTest Software
- Encoding an RFID Tag in Impinj's ItemTest Software
Speedway Connect Software -
- Impinj Speedway Connect Software | Installing the Software
- Impinj Speedway Connect Software | Navigating the Interface
- Impinj Speedway Connect Software | How to Use the Output Options