Zebra DS4608-HC Corded Handheld Scanner for Healthcare
Designed for healthcare applications, the Zebra DS4608-HC Corded Handheld Scanner offers unparalleled performance on virtually every barcode found from the point of care to admissions, operating rooms, emergency rooms, pharmacies and labs. The DS4608-HC combines the power of an 800 MHz microprocessor, a high-resolution megapixel sensor, and Zebra’s exclusive PRZM Intelligent Imaging technology. With this unique combination of hardware and advanced algorithms, the DS4608-HC scanner provides instant and accurate decoding of traditionally challenging barcodes, including those on IV bags, blood bags, med packs, medication bottles and more. The DS4608-HC comes standard with a wide array of easily controllable feedback modes designed for virtually any hospital environment. Healthcare staff can choose between haptic/vibration, a good decode LED, a traditional beep tone with adjustable volume and frequency, and Zebra’s Direct Decode Indicator that projects the illumination on the barcode to confirm that it has been captured. In Night Mode, a quick press of the trigger toggles between an audible beep and vibration. Clinicians can be confident that a medicine, specimen, or IV bag was properly scanned — without disturbing patients or interrupting the workflow to look at the scanner. Equipped with first-of-its-kind housing that offers maximum protection against the spread of infection, the DS4608-HC scanner is the ideal solution to enhance patient safety and the efficiency of point-of-care operations.
NOTE: The DS4608-HC Scanner is unavailable with UHF RFID technology. This scanner reads 1D and 2D barcodes, but does not have UHF capabilities.
Data Sheet — Zebra DS4608-HC Corded Handheld Scanner for Healthcare
- Zebra DS4608-HC Corded Handheld Scanner for Healthcare Unit
- Five Year Standard Manufacturer Warranty
- 7 ft Shielded USB Cable
Why buy this scanner?
The Zebra DS4608-HC Corded Handheld Scanner offers first-time, every time decoding of virtually every barcode type found throughout the hospital. The DS4608-HC can withstand constant disinfecting at the point-of-care and has an LED aimer that is safe for use in the NICU.
- Corded scanner for 1D/2D barcode capture.
- Scanning versatility for the whole hospital with virtually no exceptions.
- Features a disinfectant-ready housing that can handle regular sanitizing with popular disinfectants.
- Manufactured with covered screw holes and speak holes to mitigate the build up of bacteria.
- Equipped with flexible feedback modes - including night mode with vibrate.
- Highly visible and safe LED-based aimer.
- On-the-fly switching between handheld and hands-free scanning.
- Zebra's Preferred Symbol simplifies and error-proofs data capture on blood bags and other items containing multiple barcodes.
- Capture multiple barcodes with one press of the scan trigger.
- Configured for healthcare applications, right out of the box.
- With 123Scan, a complimentary DataCapture DNA Tool, easily create configuration barcodes to program scanners, update firmware, or stage a large number of devices.
- Powered by DataCaputure DNA, a set of unique development, management, visibility, and productivity tools.
- Common applications: healthcare.
Zebra OneCare Support with Comprehensive Coverage
Zebra OneCare Essential delivers the fully featured comprehensive coverage you need to maximize uptime and value of your Zebra device. This service sets the industry bar for service and support, with features that include coverage for accidental damage and normal wear and tear, technical support during your local business hours, access to software updates, and a 3-day turnaround time on repairs.
NOTE: This service is available for purchase within 30 days of your equipment purchase. Purchase of any Zebra OneCare Support Service voids the included standard warranty, resulting in a coverage of five (5) years total. Contact us today for more detailed information.
The following accessories are available for the Zebra DS4608-HC Corded Handheld Scanner for Healthcare. Contact us today for more detailed information on these accessories.
- Gooseneck Intellistand Stand
- USB Cables
- RS-232 Cables
- Weighted Gooseneck Intellistand Stand
- Cup Holder
- Regional Power Supplies
- Line Cords