ThingMagic RAINstream Software
ThingMagic RAINstream is an optional, licensed on-reader software application that streamlines data transfer and simplifies the integration of the ThingMagic RAIN UHF RFID reader into existing systems. With RAINstream, tag data can be sent to a back-end processing system using standard connections and protocols. RAINstream eliminates the need for interpretation code at the host or server, thus saving time and cost in implementation and maintenance. The data stream output can be customized to provide a range of tag data and status conditions, for maximum utility and efficiency. Reading can be continuous, continuous only when a GPI line is active, or for a timed duration when a GPI line goes active. Reader, network and RFID protocol settings are configured and saved through a web interface that is sourced by the reader. Once the RAINstream license is applied, it remains in effect for the entire life of the product, even as new features are added to the product through firmware upgrades.
Data Sheet — ThingMagic RAINstream Software
Why buy this software?
ThingMagic RAINstream Software allows for the direct transfer of tag data to back-end systems via several alternative protocols.
- Simpler integration of the RFID reader into existing systems.
- Ability to customize data stream outputs.
- Option to coordinate reading with external events.
- Control over read duration.
Supported Back-end Protocols and User Examples:
- TCP: A TCP/IP connection to a client or server.
- HTTP POST: Reader periodically posts to a web server that can accept text content.
- Serial: Host opens a USB, terminal-type, serial connection to the reader.
- HID Keyboard: The reader identifies as a keyboard to a host PC and the PC accepts the data as if it were being typed.
- ThingMagic Sargas 2-Port UHF RFID Reader
- ThingMagic Sargas 2-Port UHF RFID Reader Development Kit
- ThingMagic IZAR UHF RFID Reader by JADAK
- ThingMagic IZAR UHF RFID Reader Development Kit by JADAK