ThingMagic Sargas 2-Port UHF RFID Reader Development Kit
The ThingMagic® Sargas reader is a high-performance, 2-antenna-port, UHF reader in a low proﬁle enclosure. Built around the ThingMagic Micro reader module, the device reads more than 750 tags per second at distances over 9 meters (30 feet) when conﬁgured with appropriate antennas. With an onboard processor, memory and removable ﬂash storage, the reader has features designed for enterprise. ThingMagic Sargas reader makes system integration easier in 3 ways: hardware features, Sargas reader architecture, and supporting software tools and API. Careful use of these capabilities can reduce hardware count and software development time in a project. ThingMagic's Sargas Reader is an ideal solution for applications including but not limited to: access control, in-vehicle asset tracking, point of sale, document tracking, medical patient ID, item level scan in manufacturing (WIP), kiosks and smart displays, event management, product authentication and brand protection, asset tracking in warehouse, and took check in/out.
Powerful Processor - Sargas is outfitted with a powerful ARM Cortex processor running Linux and generous amounts of DDR and FLASH memory, allowing complex on-reader programs to be loaded and written with the aid of ThingMagic’s MercuryAPI.
RAINstream Compatible - All settings, including those for RAINstream, can be configured via a web interface sourced by the reader. This interface also permits the administrator to view status, upgrade firmware, run diagnostic tests, and test reading ability.
“Tagnostic” - ThingMagic Sargas supports the entire suite of RAIN UHF RFID tag functionality, including Gen2V2 security. It also supports custom features from a wide variety of tag vendors, enhancing functionality for specialized applications. Optional, non-RAIN tag protocols are also available, including ISO 18000-6B, and read-only support for IP-X and AEI ATA.
Common Language - Mercury API, ThingMagic’s universal programming interface, permits easy software portability across the entire ThingMagic product line – between finished readers and embdedded modules.
Multiple Data interfaces - Multipurpose client and host USB Ports, an SD card slot, and high voltage, opto-isolated general purpose I/O ports allow Sargas to support a wide variety of applications.
Data Sheet — ThingMagic Sargas 2-Port UHF RFID Reader
Data Sheet — MTI MT-242025/TRH/A (RHCP) Outdoor RFID Antenna (865-956 MHz)
Quick Start Guide — ThingMagic Sargas 2-Port UHF RFID Reader
Wi-Fi Quick Start Guide — ThingMagic Sargas 2-Port UHF RFID Reader
Need help selecting the right reader? Check out our reader guide.
- ThingMagic Sargas 2-Port UHF RFID Reader Unit
- MTI MT-242025/TRH/A (RHCP) Outdoor RFID Antenna (865-956 MHz)
- RP-SMA to RP-TNC cable adapter, 1 ft
- RP-TNC to RP-TNC RF cable, 6 ft
- LAN Cable (cross-over)
- Sargas AC Power Adapter with international plugs
- Sample Tags
- One Year Factory Warranty
Why buy this development kit?
The ThingMagic Sargas 2-Port UHF RFID Reader Development Kit includes all the essential items needed to begin reading and writing UHF RFID tags.
- Powerful, yet very compact 2-port UHF RFID readers.
- 2 RF ports - 0 to +30 dBm.
- Compact form factor - 3.4 x 3.1 x 0.94 in.
- EPCglobal LLRP v1.1.
- Significant on board processing power eliminates the need for a supporting PC.
- Reads up to 750 tags per second.
- World-wide frequency coverage.
- Networking, GPIO, USB, micro SD ports.
- Multiprotocol extensions.
- Mercury API, Universal Reader Assistant software support.
- Independent read and write RF controls.
- Powered by AC or DC.
- The Micro-SD card slot can be used for external data storage.
- The host USB port can support a keyboard and mouse.
Optional Supported Protocols
The protocols below can be added to each reader at an additional cost. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- IP-X 64, 128
- AEI ATA
The following accessories are available for the ThingMagic Sargas UHF RFID Reader. Contact us today for more detailed information on these accessories.
- USB WiFi
- USB BLE adapter
- USB console cables
- Antenna cables
- PoE Injector
- Trendnet TPE-104GS (802.3af, 5V@2A)
- TP-LINK TL-POE10R (802.3af, 5V@2A)