ThingMagic RAIN Starter Kit
RAIN RFID is a wireless technology connecting billions of everyday items to the internet, enabling businesses and consumers to identify, locate, authenticate, and engage each item. The ThingMagic RAIN Starter Kit provides an easily accessible and affordable platform for students and hobbyists to use when learning to apply this technology, while also promoting best practices for using RAIN RFID. This kits consists of the ThingMagic RAIN reader, which is based on ThingMagic EL6e, and sample RAIN tags from RAIN RFID Alliance members. The starter kit delivers out-of-box item connectivity utilizing the Impinj Indy R500 RAIN RFID reader chip and supports only basic RAIN commands specified by the RAIN community.
NOTE: This product is a reader module starter kit – NOT a finished RFID reader – and is meant for students and hobbyists looking to learn about RAIN RFID technology and best practices for implementation. If you are a professional developer looking for a reader module to embed into products or to be used in the creation of a new finished reader, check out the ThingMagic EL6e Embedded RFID Reader Module. If you are interested in an existing finished reader product, check out our line of finished ThingMagic readers.
Data Sheet — ThingMagic RAIN Starter Kit
Quick Start Guide — RAIN Communication Interface (RCI)
- Multi-regional USB Module
- USB Cable
- EU and NA Antennas
- Sample Tags
- Quick Start Guide
Why buy this starter kit?
The ThingMagic RAIN Starter Kit offers functionality as per RAIN RFID Alliance developer community guidelines and is a budget friendly solution for hobbyists and students looking to learn about and experiment with RAIN RFID.
- Offers simplified RFID implementation with RAIN Communication Interface (RCI).
- Built around proven ThingMagic Nano module.
- Supports only basic RAIN commands specified by the RAIN community.
- Highly integrated UHF RFID reader with ARM based Cortex-M4 architecture.
- Board-mounted antenna with read range up to 2 meters.
- USB interface simplifies communication.
- RAIN Communication Interface supports RAIN RFID technology standards.
- Ideally suited for students and hobbyists looking to learn RAIN RFID technology and best practices for implementation.
- Not intended for professional use.
- Product includes 90-day warranty for manufacturing defects.
- Speed and ease of integration due to all-in-one embedded solution that includes reader module, antenna, and processor to RFID-enable applications
- Support a new developer friendly interface between applications and RAIN RFID readers – RAIN Communication Interface (RCI).