Zebra DS8178-SR Cordless Handheld Scanner with Standard Cradle USB Kit
The Zebra DS8178-SR Cordless Handheld Scanner combines the power of an 800 MHz microprocessor, a high-resolution megapixel sensor, and Zebra’s exclusive PRZM technology. With this unique combination of hardware and advanced algorithms, the DS8178-SR scanner instantly captures the most problematic barcodes with lightning speed, including dense, poorly printed, crinkled, faded, distorted, dirty or damaged barcodes and electronic barcodes on smartphones — even when the screen is dimly lit. The DS8178-SR offers a choice of interchangeable power options. The PowerPrecision+ battery gives you more than three around-the-clock days of continuous scanning, plus a wealth of metrics for better battery management. The PowerCap capacitor is the largest capacitor in its category, providing 2,000 scans on a full charge and 100 scans after as little as 35 seconds in the cradle. The DS8178-SR is loaded with productivity-enhancing features such as the ability to capture Digimarc barcodes; capture multiple barcodes with a single pull of the trigger; single out one barcode in a group of many; and capture and optimize images of documents. Equipped with Zebra’s unique ScanSpeed Analytics, this scanner stores the image of the slowest barcode for a given symbology, making it easy to spot and correct barcode issues to optimize productivity across your operations.
NOTE: The DS8178-SR Scanner is unavailable with UHF RFID technology. This scanner reads 1D and 2D barcodes, but does not have UHF capabilities.
Additional configuration options are available to meet your needs. Contact Us today for more information.
Data Sheet — Zebra DS8178-SR Cordless Handheld Scanner with Standard Cradle USB Kit
- Zebra DS8178-SR Cordless Handheld Scanner Unit
- Three Year Standard Manufacturer Warranty
- Shielded USB Cable
- Standard Cradle
- Power Supply and Line Cords, if selected above (Please note that using a non-manufacturer approved power supply voids the warranty)
Why buy this scanner?
Designed for retail applications, the Zebra DS8178-SR Cordless Handheld Scanner delivers unprecedented scanning performance on 1D and 2D barcodes to keep your checkout lines moving and your cashiers free to deliver a more personal checkout experience. With a scanning range of up to 2 ft (0.61 m) and a bright aiming spot improve checkout speed, this scanner allows cashiers to scan items in a shopping cart without leaving the cashwrap.
- Cordless scanner for 1D/2D barcode capture.
- Unparalleled performance on virtually every barcode in any condition.
- Equipped with a high resolution imaging sensor and a bright "aiming spot" to help improve checkout speed.
- Two interchangeable power options are available to power your devices: a PowerPrecision+ battery or a PowerCap capacitor.
- Supports Digimarc digital watermark technology, which enables a barcode to be printed repeatedly over all surfaces of a product.
- Eliminate Bluetooth interference with Wi-Fi Friendly Mode.
- Capture multiple barcodes with one press of the scan trigger.
- Identify and correct problematic barcodes with ScanSpeed Analytics.
- Visionary visibility into battery performance metrics.
- Control your scanners from a smartphone, tablet, or PC.
- With 123Scan, you can easily create configuration barcodes to program scanners.
- Easily integrate scanning into your business applications with Zebra's Scanner Software Development Kits (SDKs) for Windows, Android, iOS and Linux.
- Simplify the entire scanning experience with DataCapture DNA.
- Common applications: retail, hospitality, transportation, and manufacturing.
Zebra OneCare Support with Comprehensive Coverage
Zebra OneCare Essential delivers the fully featured comprehensive coverage you need to maximize uptime and value of your Zebra device. This service sets the industry bar for service and support, with features that include coverage for accidental damage and normal wear and tear, technical support during your local business hours, access to software updates, and a 3-day turnaround time on repairs.
NOTE: This service is available for purchase within 30 days of your equipment purchase. Purchase of any Zebra OneCare Support Service voids the included standard warranty, resulting in a coverage of three (3) years total. Contact us today for more detailed information.
The following accessories are available for the Zebra DS8178-SR Cordless Handheld Scanner with Standard Cradle USB Kit. Contact us today for more detailed information on these accessories.
- Zebra Power Supply & Line Cords for 81XX Series Scanners
- Zebra Wall Adapter Power Supply For Select Scanners
- Zebra Standard Charging/Communication Cradle
- Zebra Presentation Charging/Communication Cradle
- Zebra USB Cables
- Zebra RS-232 Cables
- Zebra Keyboard Wedge Cables
- Zebra Cradle Adapter Bracket
- Zebra ProClip Mounting Plate for Standard Cradle
- Zebra ProClip Mounting Plate with Quick Release Speed Clip for Standard Cradle
- Zebra ProClip Mounting Plate for Presentation Cradle
- Zebra ProClip Mounting Plate with Quick Release Speed Clip for Presentation Cradle
- Zebra Scanner Sled Holder for Consumer Devices
- Zebra Replacement Battery Doors/Covers
- Zebra Regional Power Supplies
- Zebra Line Cords
- Zebra Spare Batteries