TransCore Encompass® 4 RFID Reader
TransCore's Encompass® 4 is a family of fully integrated, self-contained 915 MHz wireless radio frequency identification (RFID) readers that are specifically targeted at high performance applications in parking, security access, electronic vehicle registration (EVR) and traffic management. Each Encompass 4 reader includes a radio frequency (RF) module, digital signal processor (DSP), power supply, antenna (unless external antenna option is selected), input/output interfaces, and RS–232 or RS–422 serial communications interface. The Encompass 4 family includes models capable of reading any two of the following standard protocols: Super eGo, eGo (ISO 18000 6B), American Trucking Associations (ATA), Association of American Railroads (AAR), and Interagency Group (IAG). Additionally, for compatibility with existing security systems, Encompass 4 can read half-frame and full-frame ATA tags and Wiegand formatted tags and identification cards. All Encompass 4 readers provide unparalleled flexibility by offering a real-time clock; expanded tag read buffering; programmable RF power; 250 KHz programmable frequency steps; system integrity checking; and programmable group select. Encompass 4 readers are quickly and easily installed, tested, and maintained by TransCore trained, authorized personnel. The Encompass 4’s command set is compatible with TransCore’s SmartPass® and Encompass 2 readers.
*Note: The user is required to obtain a Part 90 site license from the FCC to operate the unit in the United States. Please contact us with any questions.
Data Sheet — TransCore Encompass® 4 RFID Reader
Quick Start Guide — TransCore Encompass® 4 RFID Reader
Need help selecting the right reader? Check out our reader guide.
- Transcore Encompass 4 RFID Reader Unit with Integrated Antenna
- Power Supply
Why buy this reader?
All Encompass 4 readers provide unparalleled flexibility by offering a real-time clock; expanded tag read buffering; programmable RF power; 250 KHz programmable frequency steps; system integrity checking; and programmable group select.
- Ideal for parking, security access, electronic vehicle registration, and traffic management.
- Fixed mount, integrated package with waterproof enclosure.
- Reads Super eGo® (SeGo), eGo, ATA/AAR, and/or IAG tags.
- 915 MHz RF band operation in North America.
- Half-frame, full-frame (ATA), and Wiegand capability.
- Real-time clock.
- Tag read buffering.
- Programmable RF output power.
- Quick, simple installation.
- Integrated antenna with gain of 9.5 dBi.
- Linear, horizontal polarization.
- Pole mount included.
*Note: Encompass 4 Readers that support SeGo protocol may now be used in Florida.
Quick Ship Program
Quick Ship allows TransCore to respond quickly to your urgent needs when they should arise. Quick Ship provides two expedite options: Sprinter and Jogger. The Sprinter expedite option guarantees products to ship 1 business day after receipt of order, while the Jogger expedite option guarantees products to ship 5 days after receipt of order. The Quick Ship program is available for the following Encompass models:
- 10-4002-002 (SeGo/ATA protocols, RS232)
- 10-4004-002 (SeGo/ATA protocols, RS422)
- 10-4002-009 (eGo/ATA protocols, RS232)
- 10-4004-009 (eGo/ATA protocols, RS422)
- 10-4002-003 (SeGo, eGO protocols, RS232)
- 10-4004-003 (SeGo/eGO protocols, RS422)
NOTE: Quick ship orders including readers, cables, transformers, and other accessories are subject to availability at time of purchase. Contact Us for more detailed information.