ThingMagic EL6e Embedded RFID Reader Module Developer Kit [Clearance]
The ThingMagic EL6e Embedded RFID Reader Module Developer Kit enables easy integration of embedded RFID into OEM designs. Based on the industry-proven ThingMagic Nano module, the EL6e adds interface and operability features that allow engineers to minimize design efforts and quickly embed an RFID module in any application that requires mid-or short-range read distance. The EL6e supports autonomous workflows permitting rapid creation of solutions without RFID expertise nor the use of SDKs and integration tools, and it’s among the first products in the market to support a new developer-friendly interface between applications and RAIN RFID readers, the RAIN Communication Interface. This bare board reader module can be enhanced with an optional North American range antenna designed to be physically attached to the EL6e board via standoff hardware or with an external antenna via a U.FL on-board connector.
NOTE: This product is a reader module developer kit – NOT a finished RFID reader – and is meant for OEM and developers to embed into products or to be used in the creation of a new finished reader. If you are interested in an existing finished reader product, check out our line of finished ThingMagic readers.
Data Sheet — ThingMagic EL6e Embedded RFID Reader Module Developer Kit [Clearance]
Quick Start Guide — ThingMagic EL6e Embedded RFID Reader Module Developer Kit [Clearance]
Quick Start Guide — RAIN Communication Interface (RCI)
Need help selecting the right reader module? Check out our reader module guide.
- 1 ThingMagic EL6e Embedded USB RFID Reader Module Unit
- 1 NA Antenna
- 1 USB Cable with 13-pin Connector
- 1 USB "Y" Cable Adapter
- RFID Sample Tags
- 4 Antenna Mounting Hardware
- 4 Stand-offs to Protect the EL6e when used on a Desktop or on Conductive Surfaces
- Quick Start Guide
Why buy this developer kit?
Based on the industry-proven ThingMagic Nano module, the ThingMagic EL6e Embedded RFID Reader Module Developer Kit supports autonomous workflows permitting rapid creation of solutions without RFID expertise nor the use of SDKs and integration tools.
- Offers simplified RFID implementation with RAIN Communication Interface (RCI).
- Built around proven ThingMagic Nano module.
- Highly integrated UHF RFID reader with ARM based Cortex-M4 architecture.
- Optional board-mounted antenna with read range up to 2 meters.
- Pre-loaded Autonomous Workflows simplify integration.
- RAIN Communication Interface supports RAIN RFID technology standards.
- Support for EPCglobal Gen 2V2 Protocol (ISO 18000-63).
- Support in the 865-868 and 915-928 UHF RFID carrier frequency ranges to accommodate worldwide regulations.
- Region selections for the high band frequency range (915-928 MHz) include: FCC (NA,SA), Argentina, Australia, Bangladesh, China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Macao, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, and Thailand.
- Application areas: medical equipment for healthcare and pharmaceutical industries, Kit assembly and returns processing stations, and access gates in parking garages, ski lift gates, and other applications.