Kathrein Wide Range 7070 RFID © KRAI Antenna (FCC/ETSI)
The Kathrein Wide-Range 7070 RFID © KRAI Antenna is an optimal choice for classic far field applications with large reading distances. This wide range antenna is characterized by a very low axial ratio for circular polarization, whereby the dependence of reading results upon the position or alignment of tags is significantly reduced. For this reason, this antenna is an ideal solution for portal applications in addition to many other application possibilities.
Data Sheet —Kathrein Wide Range 7070 RFID © KRAI Antenna (FCC/ETSI)
Need help selecting the right antenna? Check out our antenna guide.
- Kathrein Wide Range 7070 RFID © KRAI Antenna Unit
Why buy this antenna?
The Kathrein Wide-Range 7070 RFID © KRAI Antenna is equipped with a high gain and low axial ratio for optimum performance making it an ideal solution for gate applications, goods registration, logistics, and vehicle registration.
- Controlled via Kathrein RFID Antenna Interface © KRAI.
- Selectable dynamic and static polarization switching (circular LHCP, circular RHCP, linear horizontal, linear vertical).
- Low axial ratio for optimum performance.
- Read range up to 39.4 ft (12 m) depending on tag properties, environment, and requirements.
- 4 LEDs for visualization
- Signal and controlling via standard antenna coaxial cable.
- Optimized for portal applications.
- Suitable for use in industrial environments
- High IP 67 degree of protection.
- Suitable for outdoor use.
- Common applications: gate applications for goods registration, logistics, vehicle registration, and bulk or single-tag applications.
What is Kathrein RFID Antenna Interface (© KRAI)?
The Kathrein © KRAI system includes proprietary Kathrein readers and antennas that allow for the use of up to 4 antennas simultaneously in any combination with a Kathrein © KRAI enabled RFID reader (Kathrein RRU 4000 Series and Kathrein ARU 3000 Series). The phase control elements integrated into the © KRAI 70° Wide Range Antenna enables static or dynamic adjustments of antenna characteristics. Due to this, four different polarizations can be selected: RHCP, LHCP, horizontal linear, and vertical linear. One can choose between static polarization and automatic switch-over. As the Kathrein RFID Antenna Interface is transmitted over the standard cable, no additional lead or connection is required to control the antenna types. Using this combination, it is possible to automatically control a large number of extended functions in an entire RFID system.
NOTE: Kathrein © KRAI Antennas can be operated only in conjunction with © KRAI enabled readers.