Impinj xSpan Gateway RFID Reader
The xSpan Gateway is a fixed infrastructure RFID reader system that provides always-on monitoring and movement detection of tagged items. Within the RFID ecosystem, readers and gateways perform the essential role of connecting tagged items to software-based business solutions. The Impinj xSpan gateway reduces business operational costs and maximizes sales by providing constant, accurate inventory visibility, reducing loss and minimizing time spent locating and tracking items. Engineered for large-scale item-level applications in retail, healthcare and manufacturing, the xSpan Gateway provides real-time Item Intelligence events including each item’s identity and authenticity. When combined with the Impinj platform, the xSpan Gateway provides businesses with exceptional inventory visibility, allowing them to improve their operational efficiency and provides better service to their customers.
Data Sheet — Impinj xSpan Gateway RFID Reader
Need help selecting the right reader? Check out our reader guide.
- Impinj xSpan Gateway RFID Reader Unit
- AC Power Supply, if selected above
- One Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Why buy this reader?
Equipped with a discrete and compact design, the Impinj xSpan Gateway RFID Reader reduces business operational costs and maximizes sales by providing continuous area monitoring and item movement detection.
- Operating modes: inventory and tag direction.
- Low-profile and light-weight for easy installation on both ceiling and walls.
- Power and control through a single power over Ethernet (PoE) connection.
- Always-on asset tracking provides accurate, real-time inventory intelligence.
- Integrated phase array antenna supports 13 dual-polarized beams and 3 sectors.
- Equipped with transition detection: able to track items as they move along a path.
- A single xSpan gateway provides up to 1,000 square ft coverage within a rectangular area.
- Multiple xSpans combined with other Impinj connectivity devices can cover larger areas.
- Software options simplify configuration, application development, deployment and management.
- Ideally suited for spaces such as hospital and conference rooms, mid-size retail spaces, hallways and portals.
- Common applications: inventory management, asset tracking, and dock door solutions in retail, healthcare, and supply chain.
- Peak performance ensured at all times with patented Autopilot functionality which automatically optimizes settings for its environment.
- Movement tracking and item identification empowers loss prevention systems, entry and exit event detection, and other portal and tag direction applications that require bidirectional movement monitoring.
Certified Regions and Geographies
The xSpan is available for purchase and operation in the United States, Mexico, and Canada (FCC, IPJ-REV-R660-USA1M1); European Union, India, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE (EU, IPJ-REV-R660-EU11M1); Approved EU Upper Band Countries (EU Upper Band, IPJ-REV-R660-EU21M1); Brazil, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, and Thailand (IPJ-REV-R660-GX11M1); China and South Africa (IPJ-REV-R660-GX21M1); Australia (IPJ-REV-R660-GX31M1); and Japan (IPJ-REV-R660-JP21M1).
*Note: Acceptance of the EU Upper Band (2018/1538) varies by country. The following table summarizes Impinj's understanding of country acceptance as of June 2019. Impinj recommends contacting the country's communications ministry for confirmation.
Recommended Related Products
Impinj ItemSense™ Software provides access to item-level RFID data through enterprise applications by aggregating and transforming raw RFID data into real-time, business-driven Item Intelligence. ItemSense also centralizes, automates and simplifies the management and monitoring of RFID infrastructure. The functionality of ItemSense can fulfill many use cases.
Although the Impinj ItemSense Software is not required for purchase alongside the Impinj xSpan Gateway RFID Reader, we highly recommend this product for the health of your reader system and the additional functionality offered. Please note that Impinj ItemSense Software will have a perpetual licencing model for a one-time fee per server and per reader/gateway. The first year of maintenance is included. Starting at year two customers may choose to subscribe for annual maintenance. Contact us today for more detailed information.