Impinj xArray Gateway RFID Reader
The Impinj xArray is a fixed infrastructure RFID gateway that integrates a RFID reader with antennas to provide always-on, wide-area monitoring for real-time identification, location, and direction of RFID tagged items. The xArray provides wide area monitoring through its beam-forming antenna array, which delivers full power throughout a 40 foot diameter when ceiling-mounted at 15 feet high. The xArray can distinguish 52 different antenna beams providing for location assignment within the read zone, and the antennas radiate a linear pattern in both the horizontal and vertical paths in order to read tags in any orientation. The reader itself is optimized to read many thousands of tags very quickly, and to distinguish tags of interest from the rest of the field. This device can be configured to handle both wide area monitoring scenarios and portal applications. Moreover, Impinj has added robust tag direction capability that has been proven accurate even in difficult, real world environments.
Both cost-effective and easy to deploy, the xArray system’s slim profile was designed to mount easily into a single tile of a standard drop ceiling, where it is unobtrusive and able to blend into any décor. The xArray includes a tilt sensor, hysteresis feedback, and programmable beacon to alert users when the system or environment may need attention. The xArray draws minimal power (which keeps costs low) and runs from standard PoE (IEEE 802.3af), so there is no need to hire an expensive electrician for installation. Furthermore, the xArray is programmed using industry-standard LLRP and Impinj extensions, for maximum re-use of code and minimum delays due to learning curve with new APIs.
Data Sheet — Impinj xArray Gateway RFID Reader
Need help selecting the right reader? Check out our reader guide.
- Impinj xArray Gateway RFID Reader Unit
- AC Power Supply, if selected above
- One Year Factory Warranty
- Quick Start Guide
Why buy this reader?
Designed for large-scale item-level applications in retail, healthcare and manufacturing, the Impinj xArray Gateway RFID Reader delivers wide-area monitoring, locationing and tag direction capabilities of RFID tagged items within a facility or across a global supply chain.
- Operating modes: inventory, tag direction, and location.
- Can achieve throughput of about 1,000 tags per second.
- Easy programming using Octane SDK, LLRP and Impinj extensions.
- Low profile design fits into standard ceiling tile grid and blends into décor.
- Intelligent item locating with 5 ft. (1.5 m) or better spatial resolution of (x,y) location.
- Exceptional performance provided by 2-D array with 52 dual-polarized antenna beams.
- Easy to use and maintain with IEEE 803.2af PoE, tilt sensor to detect when out of alignment.
- Location accuracy: 85% within 5 ft. (1.5 m) in ideal conditions; 66% within 3.3 ft. (1 m) in ideal conditions.
- A single xArray can monitor up to 1,500 sq. ft. when Monza R6 based tags are used, extend coverage with multiple xArrays.
- Patented Autopilot functionality automatically optimizes the xArray for its environment, ensuring peak performance at all times.
- Unique functionality with defined operating modes: wide-area monitoring for tracking overall tag inventory; locationing for obtaining tag x,y location; and tag direction for tracking tags moving through sectors.
- Common applications: retail physical inventory accuracy and visibility, retail loss prevention, retail automation, asset tracking and RTLS, safety and security, personal experience, and traffic flow such as amusement parks or entertainment venues.
Certified Regions and Geographies
The xArray is available for purchase and operation in the United States, Mexico, and Canada (FCC, IPJ-REV-R680-USA1M1); European Union, India, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE (EU, IPJ-REV-R680-EU11M1); Approved EU Upper Band Countries (EU Upper Band, IPJ-REV-R680-EU21M1); Brazil, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore, and Taiwan (IPJ-REV-R680-GX11M1); China, South Korea, and South Africa (IPJ-REV-R680-GX21M1); Australia (IPJ-REV-R680-GX31M1); and Japan (IPJ-REV-R680-JP21M1).
EU Upper Band Country List
*Note: Acceptance of EU 2018/1538 varies by country. The following table summarizes Impinj’s understanding of country acceptance for the EU Upper Band as of May 2020. Impinj recommends contacting the country’s communications ministry for confirmation. Impinj expects those countries listed as “decision pending” will accept upper band operation.
Recommended Professional Services
At atlasRFIDstore, we offer a full range of professional services to ensure that your RFID hardware runs at it's optimal capacity. Designed specifically for RFID readers, the following professional services will reduce the amount of time it takes to get your Impinj xArray Gateway RFID Reader ready for use.
- Reader Setup Service
- Firmware Installation Service
- Middleware Installation Service
- Middleware Configuration Service
Note: All professional services offered by atlasRFIDstore are non-refundable once the service is complete. Contact Us today for more information.