TSL 2166 Bluetooth Rugged UHF RFID Reader
TSL’s new 2166 Bluetooth® Rugged UHF RFID reader provides high performance UHF RFID reading in a tough and rugged form factor. The 2166 UHF RFID Reader features the new TSL® ePop-Loq® connector. The ePop-Loq® system allows data and charge connections to be passed from the reader to an attached device, such as a smartphone or handheld terminal. It also safely separate when the reader is subject to large impacts, such as when dropped.
The reader is highly resistant to water, dust and mechanical trauma. A high capacity battery enables non-stop operation of the reader over the full working day. Designed to read and write to EPC Class 1 Gen 2 (ISO18000-6C) tags, the 2166 can also be configured with class leading high performance 2D data scanning to bring unparalleled data collection capabilities to any host it is connected to. Use existing Bluetooth® wireless technology enabled 1 host devices including Enterprise Handhelds, Consumer Phones, Touchscreen MP3 players, Tablets and PC’s – the 1166 will bring high performance RFID and 2D scanning to all these devices running a wide range of Operating Systems. Extensive software support is available for a wide range of platforms including code samples, demonstration applications and source code.
The 2166 Rugged Bluetooth® UHF RFID reader incorporates TSL’s unique ASCII protocol for faster and easier application development. This sophisticated parameterised ASCII protocol provides the developer a powerful set of commands that carry out multiple actions locally within the reader. This approach enables multiple tag operations executed using simple pre-configured ASCII commands which not only speeds integration of the reader into applications but also abstracts the developer from some of the complexities of the underlying Native API and ultimately results in un-paralleled levels of performance.
Data Sheet — TSL 2166 Bluetooth Rugged UHF RFID Reader
Need help selecting the right reader? Check out our reader guide.
- TSL 2166 Bluetooth Rugged UHF RFID Reader Unit
- Removable, rechargeable Lithium Ion battery pack
- One Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Why buy this reader?
Featuring the new TSL ePop-Loq connector, the TSL 2166 Bluetooth Rugged UHF RFID Reader provides high performance UHF RFID reading/writing with all host devices. The TSL 2166 is both water-resistant and dust-proof to IP67, and can withstand multiple drops of two meters to concrete. Equipped with a high capacity battery, the TSL 2166 enables non-stop operation over the full working day.
- Bluetooth Version 4.2 technology.
- High performance UHF RFID reading / writing with all host devices.
- Highly resistant to water, dust, and mechanical trauma.
- A range of optional barcode engines can be specified to provide 2D data capture at distances of up to 9 m.
- Store millions of tags and barcodes with date and time stamping.
- A high capacity battery enables non-stop operation of the reader over the full working day.
- Works with all software that has been developed for TSL Bluetooth® UHF RFID Readers.
- Operates with Android, iOS, Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Windows Mobile, Windows CE, and Windows Phone 8.
Note: The TSL 2166 Bluetooth Rugged UHF RFID Reader requires a separate purchase of either the TSL 1166/2166 Docking Station & Line Cord (US or EU, depending on region selected) or the TSL External Battery Charger to charge the reader.
The following recommended or replacement accessories are available for the TSL 1166 Bluetooth Rugged UHF RFID Reader. Contact us today for more detailed information about these accessories.
- TSL ePop-loq Mount
- TSL 1166/2166 Docking Station Kit & Line Cord (US)
- TSL 1166/2166 Docking Station Kit & Line Cord (EU)
- TSL 1166/2166 Docking Station Kit & Line Cord (UK)
- TSL 2166 Region Specific Line Cord (US, EU, and UK)
- TSL 2166 Spare Battery