*Formerly sold under the brand SkyeTek. This is the same great reader module evaluation kit - just with a new name.*
ThingMagic Gemini HF/NFC Reader Module Evaluation Kit
The ThingMagic Gemini NFC Reader Module Evaluation Kit is for customers who are just starting to test integration of RFID as a feature in their products. The ThingMagic Gemini evaluation kit provides all the hardware and software components needed to get started.
ThingMagic's Gemini marks the next generation of HF reader modules. The Gemini is a low-cost, ultra-low power, MIFARE and NFC reader/writer module. With cutting edge ARM Cortex microcontroller and the latest HF transceiver technology, coupled with the reader's intelligent operating system, this is the most versatile HF RFID module at this price point. Manufactured in accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 standards, quality is a top priority for all ThingMagic modules.
NOTE: This product is a reader module – NOT a finished RFID reader – and is meant for OEM and developers to embed into products or to be used in the creation of a new finished reader. If you are interested in an existing finished reader product, check out our line of finished ThingMagic readers.
Data Sheet — ThingMagic Gemini HF/NFC Reader Module Evaluation Kit
Module Comparison — ThingMagic Gemini HF/NFC Reader Module Evaluation Kit
Need help selecting the right reader module? Check out our reader module guide.
- ThingMagic Gemini HF/NFC Reader Module with Integrated Antenna
- Serial Connector
- Output for external 50 ohm antenna with 3-wire connectivity
- Quickstart Guide
- Gemini Sample Tag Kit
- USB Micro Cable
- USB Thumb Drive with SkyeWare 4
Why buy this evaluation kit?
At about the size of a matchbook, the ThingMagic Gemini HF/NFC Reader Module can fit into almost any new or existing OEM design. Supported security features, like mutually authenticated triple DES encryption, offer a low-cost and robust method of authentication for consumables, making the Gemini ideal for medical, ticketing, security or safety applications.
- 13.56 MHz HF RFID.
- Fast integration and time-to-market.
- Unparalleled investment protection.
- Cost-effective and highly scalable.
- Tiny Footprint: 40 mm x 38 mm.
Handles complex cryptography.
- Common blade technology for maximum design & solution flexibility.
- Greatest tag compatibility, with TagIQ.
- Minimal power consumption and maximum read range.
- Software Adjustable Host Interfaces: UART (TTL), SPI, USB, I2C.
- 4 General Purpose I/O Pins.
- Simple and intuitive API.
- Common applications:
- Medical equipment for healthcare & pharmaceutical industries
- Industrial equipment
- Kiosks and vending machines
- Mobile devices, including printers, handhelds, and sensor networks
We can customize any sample pack to meet your needs. Contact us for more information.
|Air Interface Protocol:||ISO 14443 A/B (parts 2-4), ISO 18092|
|Operating Frequency:||13.56 MHz|
|Transmit Power:||125 mW|
|Max Receive Sensitivity:||Not published|
|Max Read Distance:||Up to 5 cm (internal antenna), Up to 8 cm (external antenna)|
|Max Read Rate:||Not published|
|Data Interface:||UART (TTL), SPI, USB, I2C|
|Power Source:||DC: 1.8 to 5.5 V|
|Antenna Ports:||Single 50 Ohm connection|
|Dimensions:||40 x 38 x 5 mm (1.6 x 1.5 x 0.2 in)|
|Weight:||0.0065 kg (0.013 lbs)|
|IP Rating:||Not published|
|Operating Temperature:||-10° to +70°C (14° to 158°F)|
|Host API:||SkyeTek API C, C #, .NET|
|Demo Software:||SkyeWare 4 developer interface|