ThingMagic Elara USB RFID Reader
The ThingMagic Elara USB RFID Reader enables easy addition of RFID into applications that require a plug-and-play desktop or fixed mount reader. Based on the industry-proven ThingMagic Nano module, the Elara adds interface and operability features that allow engineers to minimize design efforts and quickly implement RFID in any application that requires mid- or short-range read distance. The Elara supports autonomous workflows permitting rapid creation of solutions without RFID expertise nor the use of SDKs and integration tools, and it’s among the first products in the market to support a new developer-friendly interface between applications and RAIN RFID readers, the RAIN Communication Interface.
Data Sheet — ThingMagic Elara USB RFID Reader
Quick Start Guide — RAIN Communication Interface (RCI)
Need help selecting the right reader? Check out our reader guide.
- ThingMagic Elara USB RFID Reader Unit
- Integral 3 ft USB Cable
Why buy this reader?
Designed to simplify RFID integration and enable software-free operation, the ThingMagic Elara is a plug-and-play USB reader equipped with keyboard wedge interface and pre-loaded Autonomous workflows for the most common use cases.
- Offers simplified RFID implementation with RAIN Communication Interface (RCI).
- Plug-and-play UHF RFID reader with ARM based Cortex-M4 architecture and integrated antenna with read range up to 2 meters.
- Standard USB interface with keyboard emulation and bi-directional COM interface capability.
- Enclosure made of healthcare plastics.
- Support for EPCglobal Gen 2V2 Protocol (ISO 18000-63).
- Pre-loaded Autonomous Workflows include: bulk tag read, single tag read, tag commissioning, and tag update.
- RAIN Communication Interface supports RAIN RFID technology standards.
- Support in the 865-869 and 915-928 UHF RFID carrier frequency ranges to accommodate worldwide regulations.
- Region selections for the high band frequency range (915-928 MHz) include: FCC (NA,SA), Argentina, Australia, Bangladesh, China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Macao, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, and Thailand.
- Region selections for the low band frequency range (865-868 MHz) include: ETSI (EU), Hong Kong, India, Russia, and Vietnam.
- Applications areas: medical equipment for healthcare and pharmaceutical industries, kit assembly and returns processing stations, tag commissioning stations, and hospitality and event registration.