What is a Clearance Product?
Clearance Products are high-quality RFID items offered at deeply discounted prices. Our broad range of Clearance products include brand-new, discontinued, end of stock, returned, and lightly-used demo items offered at a reduced price. All Clearance products have been tested and are fully functional. Due to exceptional pricing, all Clearance products are final sale and may not be returned or exchanged.
Note: Supplies are limited to inventory on hand. Clearance products may have minor cosmetic smudges or may be missing original packaging.
ThingMagic Astra-EX Integrated RFID Reader - Wi-Fi, TRAI (865-867 MHz) [Clearance]
Integrated RFID readers contain both an RFID reader and antenna all within the form factor of a fixed RFID reader. The Astra-EX Integrated Wi-Fi RFID Reader uses ThingMagic's patented high-performance Mercury6e module, which gives the device its versatility in both commercial and enterprise-related applications. For users of either application, Astra-EX installs easily as it integrates with any commercial or corporate IT infrastructure and works incredibly well with most enterprise office layouts.
Data Sheet — ThingMagic Astra-EX Integrated RFID Reader - Wi-Fi [Clearance]
Need help selecting the right reader? Check out our reader guide.
- Astra-Ex RFID Reader Unit with Integrated Antenna
Note: Power Adapter is NOT included.
Why buy this reader?
Driven by ThingMagics powerful Mercury6e (M6e) UHF RFID Module, Astra-EX is an easy to install, unobtrusive, integrated 2-port reader/antenna designed for office and commercial environments. Astra-EX blends in well with corporate IT infrastructures and office layouts, and Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and Wi-Fi options allow for flexible, low cost, single cable installations.
- High performance, EPCglobal Gen2 (optional ISO 18000-6B) support with anti-collision Dense Reader Mode (DRM) and advanced anti-jamming functionality.
- A fully integrated 8.5 dBic circularly-polarized antenna and an RP TNC connector to support an optional secondary external antenna.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) reduces cabling and electrical outlet proximity requirements.
- Wi-Fi option, providing low cost integration with existing enterprise Wi-Fi networks. Supports enterprise Wi-Fi security standards including TKIP, AES and EAP-TLS.
- 32MB of flash and 64MB of DRAM available for reader-hosted applications.
- LLRP v1.0.1 with multiprotocol extensions.
- A small form factor (10.2”H x 10.2”W x 3”D).
- An easy to use Development Kit for customized applications, settings, deployments and management.
- Separate read and write levels, adjustable from 5 dBm to 30 dBm on the integrated antenna and up to 31.5 dBm on the external antenna port.
- A ‘fast search’ mode for reading tags affixed to fast-moving objects.
- Read rate over 750 tags per second with high-performance feature settings.
- Read range up to 30 feet for Generation 2 UHF RFID tags.
- The ability to rapidly adapt to changing tag populations.
- The ability to obtain 128 bytes of data with every tag read.
- Support for the full cool-Log™ command set for IDS SL900A sensor tags.
Building upon capabilities found in ThingMagic's first generation Astra reader, the new Astra-EX introduces several new high-performance features allowing customers to take advantage of their latest high-performance capabilities in a simple-to-use form factor. ThingMagic designed the Astra-EX with broad market adoption in mind and simplified the effort it takes for users to achieve optimum results. ThingMagic's Astra-EX features include high-performing EPCglobal Gen2 support with an anti-collision Dense Reader Mode and additional anti-jamming technology. The device has a small form factor, measuring around 10.2 inches by 10.2 inches by 3 inches—height, width and depth. While it has an integrated antenna, the Astra-EX also features an additional antenna port.
Optional Supported Protocols
The protocols below can be added to each reader at an additional cost. If you have any questions, please contact us.