What is a Clearance Product?
Clearance Products are high-quality RFID items offered at deeply discounted prices. Our broad range of Clearance products include brand-new, discontinued, end of stock, returned, and lightly-used demo items offered at a reduced price. All Clearance products have been tested and are fully functional. Due to exceptional pricing, all Clearance products are final sale and may not be returned or exchanged.
Note: Supplies are limited to inventory on hand. Clearance products may have minor cosmetic smudges or may be missing original packaging.
ThingMagic Astra-EX Integrated RFID Reader - POE (EU Version) [Clearance]
Astra-EX is an easy to install, unobtrusive, integrated 2-port reader/antenna designed for office and commercial environments. Driven by ThingMagic's powerful Mercury6e (M6e) UHF RFID Module, Astra EX’s Wi-Fi and Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) options allow for flexible, low cost, single cable installations. Astra-EX blends in well with corporate IT infrastructures and office layouts, and offers full support for ThingMagic’s enterprise-class MercuryAPI software.
Data Sheet — ThingMagic Astra-EX Integrated RFID Reader - POE (EU Version) [Clearance]
Need help selecting the right reader? Check out our reader guide.
- Astra-Ex RFID Reader Unit with Integrated Antenna
- AC Power Adapter if selected above
- One Year Factory Warranty
Why buy this reader?
Driven by ThingMagics powerful Mercury6e (M6e) UHF RFID Module, Astra-EX is an easy to install, unobtrusive, integrated 2-port reader/antenna designed for office and commercial environments. Astra-EX blends in well with corporate IT infrastructures and office layouts, and Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and Wi-Fi options allow for flexible, low cost, single cable installations.
Key features of Astra-EX reader include
- High performance, EPCglobal Gen2 (optional ISO 18000-6B) support with anti-collision Dense Reader Mode (DRM) and advanced anti-jamming functionality.
- A fully integrated 8.5 dBic circularly-polarized antenna and an RP TNC connector to support an optional secondary external antenna.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) reduces cabling and electrical outlet proximity requirements.
- Wi-Fi option, providing low cost integration with existing enterprise Wi-Fi networks. Supports enterprise Wi-Fi security standards including TKIP, AES and EAP-TLS.
- 32MB of flash and 64MB of DRAM available for reader-hosted applications.
- LLRP v1.0.1 with multiprotocol extensions.
- A small form factor (10.2”H x 10.2”W x 3”D).
High-performance capabilities and application-specific features include:
- Separate read and write levels, adjustable from 5 dBm to 30 dBm on the integrated antenna and up to 31.5 dBm on the external antenna port.
- A ‘fast search’ mode for reading tags affixed to fast-moving objects.
- Read rate over 750 tags per second with high-performance feature settings.
- Read range up to 30 feet for Generation 2 UHF RFID tags.
- The ability to rapidly adapt to changing tag populations.
- The ability to obtain 128 bytes of data with every tag read.
- Support for the full cool-Log™ command set for IDS SL900A sensor tags
Optional Supported Protocols
The protocols below can be added to each reader at an additional cost. If you have any questions, please contact us.