SLS RFID smartPORTAL™ Reader
The SLS RFID smartPORTAL™ Reader is designed to be installed in harsh industrial environments. Each antenna enclosure is constructed with extruded aluminum and is anchored to the concrete floor. Each enclosure includes two 3′ Wave® Antennas. The enclosures include antenna back planes to direct signal into the designed read zone and eliminates adjacent dock-door reads.
The smartPORTAL™ Reader is designed for use cases where the superior performance enabled by Wave® antenna technology and plug-and-play installation offered by the smartPORTAL™, including PoE-powered RFID reader, are required with any other components already in-place or will be provided.
The patented Wave® Antenna used in the smartPORTAL™ creates a wide-angle lens effect which covers all three polarizations at once and are designed to work in high fading and multipath environments to provide superior UHF zone coverage.
Data Sheet — SLS RFID smartPORTAL™ Reader
Need help selecting the right reader? Check out our reader guide.
- 2 SLS RFID smartPortal Stands
- Integrated RFID Reader
- Wave Antennas - Embedded in each Enclosure Stand
- 2 LL195 RF Cables (25') - Connects the 'B' Panel to the 'A' Panel (reader enclosure)
- Installation and maintenance services available for additional costs
Not included: Light stack, Photo-eye, bollards, or angle irons (available for additional costs). Note: it is highly recommended to use bollards in front of panels to prevent damage.
Why buy this portal?
The SLS RFID smartPORTAL™ Reader combines the performance of Wave Antenna Technology, lightweight strength of durable aluminum extrusion construction, and unmatched ease of installation to deliver the industry’s leading industrial data capture solution.
- Easy installation - plug and play.
- Designed to be installed in harsh industrial environments.
- Each antenna closures is constructed with extruded aluminum.
- Each enclosure includes a 7 ft Wave Antenna.
- Wave antenna technology provides intense, yet constrained, read field.
- Powered simply through a single Power over Ethernet (PoE) connection.
- No AC power connections required.
- Enclosures include antenna back planes to direct signal into designed read zone.
Annual Portal Maintenance
The SLS RFID Annumal Portal Maintenace service provides coverage for both panels, the reader, and the light stack for one year. During the term of this maintenance and support agreement, the following maintenance and support services are available: remote support, updates, hardware, and one annual maintenance visit.
Note: Cost per portal/per year and includes travel/expenses (US only). Contact us today for more information.