Keonn AdvanMux-4 UHF RFID Multiplexer (4-Port)
The Keonn AdvanMux-4 is a high-performance four-port multiplexer that expands the number of antennas that expands the number of antennas by 4 per port. The AdvanMux-4 is connected to the I/O port of most reader models, and it is controlled by sending simple commands to the reader. This facilitates the control of AdvanMux-4 and its synchronization with the reader. Furthermore, any port of AdvanMux-4 can be selected at any time. The AdvanMux-4 can be controlled both by standard +5 V and open collector digital outputs. The input RF connector and the 4 output RF connectors are SMA Female on this device. Additionally, the AdvanMux-4 can be powered from +5 V DC to + 48 V DC, which can be obtained from a power supply or by the available voltage in some reader's I/O ports. The AdvanMux-4 is easy to connect to practically every RFID reader on the market, including Keonn AdvanReaders, Impinj, Sirit, Motorola, ThingMagic Mercury6, and others.
Connectivity: The AdvanMux-4 connects directly to the following Keonn readers through a conventional Ethernet cable: AdvanReader-50, AdvanReader-100 and AdvanReader- 150. For other reader models, a reader-specific cable adapter or the AdvanGPIO connection board can be ordered that connect the digital I/O port of the reader to one of the two RJ45 control ports of AdvanMux-4 multiplexer. The cable adapter can be easily extended to the required length using regular Ethernet 8-wire cables. Two RJ45 control connectors are available at each AdvanMux-4 so that one multiplexer can control and power another multiplexer by a simple Ethernet 8-wire cable connection.
Data Sheet — Keonn AdvanMux-4 UHF RFID Multiplexer (4-Port)
- Keonn AdvanMux-4 UHF RFID Multiplexer (4-Port)
Why buy this multiplexer?
The Keonn AdvanMux-4 is a high performance, 4-port UHF RFID multiplexer that expands the number of antennas connected to each port of an RFID reader by a factor of 4.
- Low insertion loss.
- Very fast and easy connection.
- Powered from + 5 V DC to +48 V DC.
- Reduces the cost of RFID applications with many antennas.
- Compatible with most RFID reader models on the market.
- Easy selection of ports by sending proper commands to the reader.
- Controlled both by standard +5 V and open collector digital outputs.
- Expands the number of antennas connected to the same reader by a factor of 4.
- 2 red LED diodes showing the digital-in status and 1 white LED showing the power on status.
- Easy control of several multiplexers by interconnecting them with standard Ethernet cables.
- Can be directly connected to the following Keonn Readers through a conventional Ethernet cable: AdvanReader-50, AdvanReader-100, or AdvanReader-150.
- Common applications: RFID systems that require more than 4 antennas, RFID systems in general, smart shelves, smart cabinets, smart surfaces, and portals.
Compatibility & Connection Requirements
The Keonn AdvanMux-4 UHF RFID Multiplexer is compatible with most RFID reader models on the market, including Keonn’s AdvanReaders, Impinj, Sirit, Motorola, ThingMagic Mercury6, and others.
- Connection to the Keonn AdvanReader-50, the Keonn AdvanReader-100 and the Keonn AdvanReader-150: requires only a conventional Ethernet cable.
- Connection to the Impinj R220, the Impinj R420, and the ThingMagic Mercury 6: requires a cable adapter (available upon request) and a conventional Ethernet cable (UTP cable).
- Connection to other readers (compatibility with most readers): requires AdvanGPIOTM connection board (available upon request) and for some reader models PoE injector (available upon request).
Note: The Keonn AdvanMux-4 UHF RFID Multiplexer is not a replacement for the Impinj Antenna Hub. If you want to use this AdvanMux multiplexer with an Impinj reader, your software must send GPO commands to the Impinj reader in order to control the AdvanMux operation.
Note: The Keonn AdvanGPIO RFID Connection Board is required when connecting this multiplexer to a reader that does not have a 5V output in the GPIO, and therefore, the multiplexer requires an external power supply. The Keonn Advan GPIO RFID Connection Board is optional when connecting this multiplexer to a reader with a 5V output in the GPIO.