*Subject to availability. This product is reaching end-of-life and will soon be discontinued. Please contact us for a recommended replacement product.*
Impinj Speedway Revolution R420 UHF RFID Reader Evaluation Kit (4 Port)
Impinj, the only company possessing expertise in all areas of RFID system and component design, brings all the pieces of the RFID solution together into our Speedway Revolution Evaluation Kits. These kits provide users with a means to analyze the complete UHF Gen 2 answer for any RFID application, from pallet- and case-level down to item-level. By combining Impinj's fixed readers, near- and far-field reader antennas, Monza®-powered tags, and access to the latest Impinj support tools and documentation into one easy-to-install demonstration kit, customers can quickly verify the efficacy of an entire UHF Gen 2 RFID solution.
Data Sheet — Impinj Speedway Revolution R420 UHF Reader (4 Port)
Quick Start Guide — Impinj Speedway Revolution R420 UHF Reader (4 Port)
- 1 Impinj Speedway Revolution R420 UHF RFID Reader (4 Port) Unit
- 1 Far Field LHCP Antenna
- 1 Far Field RHCP Antenna
- One Year Factory Warranty
- Power Supply
- Power Cord
- Console Cable
- Mini-Guardrail Antenna
- 6 ft Antenna Cable (LMR-195 RP-TNC Male to SMA Male)
- Tag Sample Pack
- Access to the latest Impinj firmware
Why buy this evaluation kit?
The Impinj Speedway Revolution R420 Reader Development Kit has everything you need and more to start reading and writing UHF RFID tags. Used for multiple applications, this development kit contains different size antennas to compliment your environment.
- Autopilot, a set of unique firmware features work together to automatically optimize the reader's operation for its environment
- Autoset—continuously optimizes the reader's configuration for the best, most reliable performance.
- Low duty cycle—reduces RF interference, power consumption, and energy costs.
- Dynamic antenna switching—improves throughput and helps the reader work more efficiently.
- The Speedway Revolution also delivers increased application flexibility via support for Power over Ethernet (PoE), which simplifies deployment and dramatically reduces cost by eliminating the need for AC outlet installation at read points.
- This revolutionary reader improves upon the advanced hardware capabilities that made the original Speedway the reader of choice for many demanding customers—capabilities such as best receive sensitivity, interference rejection, and item-level carrier cancellation.
Certified Regions and Geographies
The R420 is available for purchase and operation in the United States, Mexico, and Canada (FCC, IPJ-REV-R420-USA2M1); European Union, India, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE (EU, IPJ-REV-R420-EU12M1); Approved EU Upper Band Countries (EU Upper Band, IPJ-DREV420-EU2); Brazil, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Uruguay, and Vietnam (IPJ-REV-R420-GX12M1); China, South Korea, and South Africa (IPJ-REV-R420-GX22M1); Australia (IPJ-REV-R420-GX32M1); and Japan (IPJ-REV-R420-JP22M1).
EU Upper Band Country List
*Note: Acceptance of EU 2018/1538 varies by country. The following table summarizes Impinj’s understanding of country acceptance as of May 2020. Impinj recommends contacting the country’s communications ministry for confirmation. Impinj expects those countries listed as “decision pending” will accept upper band operation.
|Air Interface Protocol:||GS1/EPCglobal UHF Class 1 Gen 2 (ISO 18000-6C)|
|Operating Frequency:||UHF (860- 960 MHz), region dependent|
|Transmit Power (POE):||+10.0 to +31.5 dBm (EU1 limited to +30 dBm)|
|Transmit Power (AC Power Adapter):||+10.0 to +32.5 dBm (Listed/Certified power supply) (EU1 limited to +31.5 dBm, JP2 limited to 30 dBm)|
|Max Receive Sensitivity:||-84 dBm|
|Max Read DIstance:||Not published|
|Max Read Rate:||Up to 1,100 tag reads per second|
|Data Interface:||RS-232, Ethernet|
|GPIO:||4 GPI optically isolated 3-30V/ 4 GPO optically isolated, 0-30V, non-isolated 5V, 100mA supply (DB-15)|
|Power Source (POE):||IEEE 802.3af|
|Power Source (AC Power Adapter):||Listed/Certified power supply, AC-DC power supply rated for 24Vdc/2.1A|
|Antenna Ports:||4 RP-TNC Female ports, expandable to 32 antennas with Impinj Speedway Antenna Hub|
|Reader Dimensions:||190.5 x 175.3 x 30.5 mm (7.5 x 6.9 x 1.2 in)|
|Weight:||0.7 kg (1.5 lbs)|
|IP Rating:||IP 52|
|Operating Temperature:||-20º to +50 ºC (-4º to +122 ºF)|
|Host API:||Java, .NET|