HARTING LOCFIELD Traveling Wave UHF RFID Antenna, 1.5 m
The Ha-VIS LOCFIELD® is a traveling wave antenna based on a standard coax cable. The antenna can easily be installed in myriads of shapes in almost any application or environment and can be connected to any kind of UHF RFID reader. Depending on reader, transponder, the exact coax cable type and environment, the read range can be adjusted from a few centimeters to about a few meters. The Ha-VIS LOCFIELD® antenna generates a traveling wave with a homogenous electromagnetic field along the antenna cable at the UHF frequency band of 865 – 928 MHz (EU or FCC versions available). The RF field travels along the full length of the coax cable. The traveling wave is generated at the PCB and travels towards the ferrite cores, where the energy is absorbed. Only a negligible fraction of the field energy is radiated. So reflections and interference are avoided especially in metallic environments. The LOCFIELD® antenna can be perfectly integrated into metal environments as server racks, electrical cabinets or other metal enclosures. However, the active section including the antenna must NOT touch metal or ground. Example applications or environments include: in machines for tool identification, along conveyor belts, doors / gates, smart work bench, smart shelf, underneath trains or vehicles, on fork lifts, and real time inventory.
Data Sheet — HARTING LOCFIELD Traveling Wave UHF RFID Antenna, 1.5 m
Need help selecting the right antenna? Check out our antenna guide.
- One HARTING LOCFIELD Traveling Wave UHF RFID Antenna, 1.5 m Unit
Why buy this antenna?
The HARTING LOCFIELD Traveling Wave UHF RFID Antenna allows you to design your own tailored UHF RFID reading zone in almost any arbitrary shape. Instead of installing patch antennas, the coax antenna cable itself becomes the antenna that can be connected to any kind of UHF RFID reader.
- Equipped with the ability to customize and design your RFID reading zone in almost any arbitrary shape.
- No reflections.
- The antenna gain is about -7 dBi depending on exact antenna length.
- Even with 4 W RF power injected into the antenna, the limits of 2 W ERP (EU) or 4 W EIRP (FCC) are not violated.
- SMA Male connector (TNC on request).
- Optimized for: Identification of tools in machines, Door openings and pass throughs, Wireless sensor networks, and Smart shelf / smart work bench applications.