*This product is reaching end-of-life and will soon be discontinued. Visit Zebra ZT421 RFID Printer for a direct replacement product.*
Zebra ZT420 UHF RFID Printer
The ZT420 RFID printer/ encoders pair UHF RFID capabilities with proven durability to help keep your critical operations running efficiently. Known as price-performance leaders in RFID labeling, the ZT400 Series RFID supports a broad range of applications across several industries.
Optimized to accurately and efficiently print and encode labels for today’s item-level tracking applications, the ZT400 Series RFID gives you enhanced tracking capabilities and deeper visibility. Adaptive encoding technology allows for excellent media flexibility and simple RFID calibration, eliminating complex placement guidelines. An intuitive menu further reduces set-up time. Zebra has globally certified its RFID technology on six continents to support deployments across complex, multinational supply chains.
Additional configuration options are available to meet your needs. Contact Us today for more information.
Data Sheet — Zebra ZT420 UHF RFID Printer
Need help selecting the right printer? Check out our printer guide.
- Zebra ZT420 UHF RFID Printer Unit
- Power Supply
- One Year Warranty
Why buy this printer?
An all new all-metal frame sets this printer apart from the RZ Series printer and makes it more rugged and reliable. Made for rugged and extreme environments, the ZT400 Series is easy to use with multiple standard connectivity options like Serial, USB 2.0, Bluetooth, and 10/100 Ethernet. This printer prints and encodes tags and labels with a maximum of a 6 inch print width, and 203/300 dpi (dots per inch) or 8 dots per mm.
- Field-installable UHF RFID encoder
- Ideal for industries like manufacturing, transportation & logistics, retail, and healthcare.
- XML-enabled printing.
- Construction: Metal frame and Bi-fold metal media cover with enlarged clear viewing window.
- Side-loading supplies path for simplified media and ribbon loading.
- Element Energy Equalizer™ (E3™) for superior print quality.
- Communication - USB 2.0, High-Speed, RS-232 Serial, 10/100 Ethernet, Bluetooth 2.1, USB Host.
- Back-lit, multi-line graphic LCD display with intuitive menu and easy-to-use keypad for quick operation.
- Bi-colored status LEDs for quick printer status.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified.
ZEBRA ICA SERVICE INFORMATION
The Zebra ICA service is targeted to be a one-time, structured call/ web support service focused on assisting the customer in achieving a successful, rapid printer installation. Formally, it is a two-month Service contract that must be purchased at the time of the printer purchase. The contract will be processed with the printer order and the customer will receive a copy of the contract and the ICA Instruction Sheet via the customer provided email. At the end of the two-month timespan, the ICA contract will expire and in order to have continued support, the customer will need to purchase either a TSS or Z1C service.The ICA instruction sheet sent with the contract provides all the information for obtaining the most efficient deployment of your new Zebra printer. A short overview of the ICA Service experience and procedures are listed below:
- Purchase printer with ICA service.
- Receive ICA contract and Instruction Sheet.
- Review Instruction Sheet and perform set-up recommendations, fill-out pre-questionnaire and send to Zebra.
- Call the provided Zebra Call Support number at a convenient time for printer installation - the targeted time-frame to have the printer installed and running is within 30 minutes.
- Call Support will lead you through the 12 step installation process.
- Call will conclude with satisfaction of the printer install.
- Receive a concluding email from Call Support with access to the final printer configuration.
Zebra OneCare Support with Comprehensive Coverage
Zebra OneCare Essential delivers the fully featured comprehensive coverage you need to maximize uptime and value of your Zebra device. This service sets the industry bar for service and support, with features that include coverage for accidental damage and normal wear and tear, technical support during your local business hours, access to software updates, and a 3-day turnaround time on repairs.
NOTE: This service is available for purchase within 30 days of your equipment purchase. Purchase of any Zebra OneCare Support Service voids the included standard one-year warranty, resulting in a coverage of three (3) years total. Contact us today for more detailed information.
|Air Interface Protocol:||EPCglobal UHF Class 1 Gen 2 (ISO 18000-6C)|
|Operating Frequency:||Global (865-928 MHz)|
|Data Interface:||USB 2.0, RS-232, 10/100 Ethernet, Bluetooth 2.1, USB Host|
|Power Source:||100-240VAC, 50-60Hz, rated at 100 Watts|
|Resolution:||203 dpi or 300 dpi|
|Print Width:||101.6 mm (6 in)|
|Max Outer Diameter:||203 mm (8 in)|
|ID Core Options:||76 mm (3 in)|
|Dimensions:||336.55 x 324 x 495 mm (13.25 x 12.75 x 19.50 in)|
|Weight:||18 kg (40 lbs)|
|Operating Temperature:||+5° to +40°C (+41° to +104°F)|
|Host API:||ZPL, ZPL II, EPL|