*Additional ICs are available upon request. Please contact us for lead time and if you have specific IC requirements or questions.
Vulcan RFID™ Custom Windshield Tag
Vulcan RFID™ Custom Windshield Tags offer a more accurate and secure way to allow access into various locations like a gated community, company/corporate secured parking, or even a car wash. The inlay utilizes passive technology and is encapsulated between thin layers of polypropylene adding human readable printing to one side and a windshield-compatible adhesive to the other. Unlike other windshield tags on the market, the RFID Windshield Tag utilizes passive RFID UHF technology offering a more economical option to the active windshield tags available. Encased between thin layers of polyester, the specialized inlay doesn’t require a standoff to read either through or on a glass windshield. A tamper-evident option with strategically placed slits in the label and adhesive layers is also available at no additional cost.
Specialty RFID labels take advantage of sub-surface printing wherein the printed media has a protective covering. In order to remove the copy from a label, one would have to destroy the label itself.
NOTE: Due to market demands, this product is transitioning away from the Alien Higgs 3 IC to the Impinj Monza 4QT IC. Sample stock may still contain the Alien Higgs 3 while re-orders and higher volumes will contain the Impinj Monza 4QT chip. Additional ICs are available upon request. Please contact us for more details.
Data Sheet — Vulcan RFID™ Custom Windshield Tag (Standard)
Data Sheet — Vulcan RFID™ Custom Windshield Tag (Destructible)
Need help selecting the right tag? Check out our tag guide.
- A choice of up to four standard or custom colors is included
- Custom printing included in price (custom barcode and full-color, one-sided or double-sided printing of logos or other graphics)
- Custom encoding included in price - Upon order completion, you will be contacted for printing/encoding specifics
Why buy this tag?
Controlling vehicle access to individual locations – whether it’s corporate facilities, gated communities or downtown parking lots – can be a challenge. Eliminate the need for on-site staff and the hassle of stopping for a card reader with Vulcan RFID™ Custom Windshield Tags. The destructible option uses strategically placed slits to ensure that it is nearly impossible to remove the tag from a windshield without destroying it, preventing unwanted tag transfer to unauthorized vehicles.
If you need a quantity that is not listed above, please contact us for a custom quote.
- Specialized inlays read well through windshield glass.
- Read ranges of 18+ feet (standard) and 30+ feet (destructible).
- Unlimited color options with choice of up to four standard or custom colors.
- High frequency (HF) RFID Tags available (pricing available upon request).
- Double-sided registered option available (pricing available upon request).
- Detailed printing process provides for great printing capabilities with detailed logos or specialized designs.
- Destructible option prevents unauthorized vehicles from using tags transferred from authorized vehicles.
|Air Interface Protocol:||EPCglobal UHF Class 1 Gen 2 (ISO 18000-6C)|
|Operating Frequency:||Global (860-960 MHz)|
|IC Type:||Alien Higgs 3 or Impinj Monza 4QT (See details above)|
|Memory:|| Alien Higgs 3: EPC 128 bits, User 128 bits, TID 64 bits
Impinj Monza 4QT: EPC 128 bits, User 512 bits, TID 32 bits
|EPC Memory Content:||Dependent on desired encoding|
|Max Read Distance:||Up to 6.4 m (21 ft)|
|Applicable Surface Materials:||Glass, plastic|
|Tag Form Factor:||Label tag|
|Attachment Method:||High performance pressure sensitive adhesive|
|Dimensions:||106.3625 x 28.575 mm (4.1875 x 1.125 in)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40° to +85°C (-40° to +185°F)|