TSL 2173 Bluetooth (HF/LF/Barcode) RFID Reader
The TSL 2173 Bluetooth (HF/LF/Barcode) RFID Reader enables a compatible Bluetooth host device to read and write a wide variety of HF and LF RFID transponders as well as capture 1D and 2D barcodes (imager version only). These can be typed into any application on the host device using the Bluetooth HID keyboard mode. Alternatively, the reader can be commanded from an app on the host device. As the 2173 uses the existing TSL ASCII 2 Protocol, developers can take advantage of the comprehensive, free SDKs provided by TSL to develop in Xamarin, Java, Objective C, or .NET.
Data Sheet — TSL 2173 Bluetooth (HF/LF/Barcode) RFID Reader
Need help selecting the right reader? Check out our reader guide.
- TSL 2173 Bluetooth Unit (HF/LF and Barcode - depending on selection above)
- Removeable, Rechargable Battery Unit
- Micro USB Cable Unit
- USB Charger Unit
- One Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Why buy this reader?
The TSL 2173 is a combined Bluetooth enabled LF and HF RFID reader that provides the ability to read and write to a wide variety of transponders at 125/134.2 kHz (LF) and 13.56 MHz (HF) including ISO 15693, ICODE (I & II), the complete Mifare family of ISO 14443 (A&B) and the NFC standard ISO 18092 ECMA-340.
- LF RFID, HF RFID, and NFC reading and writing in an incredibly compact and lightweight device.
- Equipped with the ability to read LF tags, which are often used with animal tagging such as FDX-B tags.
- Supports multiple ISO industry standards including ISO 15693, ISO 14443 (A/B), and ISO 18092 EMCA-340 (NFC).
- Removable high capacity micro SD data card.
- Real time clock for extended batch data collection with time stamp independent of the host connection.
- Compatible with Android, iOS, and Windows 10, and UWP (Universal Windows Platform).
- Integrated Motorola SE4500 imaging engine with fast pulse illumination and motion tolerance.
- Supported Manufacturer specific transponders include HID, NXP, EM Microelectronic, ATMEL and TI (Texas Instruments).
The following optional accessories are available for the TSL 2173 Bluetooth (HF/LF/Barcode) RFID Reader. Contact us today for more detailed information on these accessories.
TSL CompleteCare Maintenance Programs
TSL® products come with a standard 12 months Return to Base manufacturer’s warranty. To enhance your warranty, consider purchasing a CompleteCare maintenance program. With a CompleteCare maintenance program there are no unexpected repair costs and you will also benefit from significantly reduced turnaround time for your repairs, ensuring you protect the continuity of your business and maximize performance output.
TSL CompleteCare and CompleteCare+ Maintenance Programs are currently available to customers in North America only and are for FCC Regulatory Approved RFID units only. All TSL CompleteCare and CompleteCare+ Maintenance Programs must be ordered within 30 days from the date of your hardware purchase. Your enhanced coverage begins from day one of purchasing your CompleteCare or CompleteCare+ Maintenance Program and continues through the purchased period.
Units will be repaired and returned to manufacturing specification within seven business days. Advanced Exchange is available with a CompleteCare+ Maintenance Program. Online Troubleshooting Guide and technicians (phone support) are included to prevent or minimize inbound repairs. Enhanced coverage excludes units that have been crushed, submerged in liquid, or damaged beyond repair.