*Product is reaching end-of-life soon. Please contact us for a recommended replacement product.*
Honeywell IH21 Handheld RFID Reader
The Honeywell IH21 Handheld RFID Reader, when paired with a Honeywell handheld computer, is designed to provide best-in-class performance for reading large numbers of RFID tags quickly and accurately. With a successful track record in apparel retail, inventory management, and other workflows, the IH21 RFID reader employs an advanced antenna design that allows it to read tags positioned in front of the antenna with a high degree of accuracy – simply point it in the general direction of the items to be read and pull the trigger. All items within range will be read nearly simultaneously, speeding inventory processes up to 20 times faster than using barcodes.
The IH21 unit includes an improved RFID reader module, the ability to connect to the mobile computer via USB or Bluetooth®, and the ability to charge both the RFID reader battery as well as the connected mobile computer battery using the IH21 reader charge base. The IH21 RFID reader is compatible with Honeywell D75e, CT40, or ScanPal™ EDA50 mobile computers, offering an ergonomic, sleek profile for use in retail in-store or back-room inventory or picking applications such as inventory cycle counts, omnichannel order fulfillment, receiving new product, or pick lists. When paired with the CT60 mobile computer, the IH21 reader can be used for direct store delivery, dock receiving, or back-of-truck inventory tasks.
Data Sheet — Honeywell IH21 Handheld RFID Reader
Need help selecting the right reader? Check out our reader guide.
- Honeywell IH21 Handheld RFID Reader Unit
- UHF Antenna and Trigger Handle
- ePop-Loq connector
- Battery Cover
- One Year Standard Warranty
Why buy this reader?
The Honeywell IH21 Handheld RFID Reader has a unique, patented, ePop-Loq® connector that enables users to quickly attach or separate the mobile computer, while providing a direct connection between the IH21 and the computer that enables charging together and more reliable data connectivity.
- Handheld RFID reader for use with Honeywell mobile computers.
- Offers high-performance RFID reading in a compact, lightweight package.
- Industry-standard EPC Global Class 1 Gen 2, RAIN RFID reader.
- Accurate, high-performance tag reads for fast, accurate cycle-counting.
- The ePop-Loq socket that enables use with a variety of Honeywell computers.
- A rugged design that protects your investment.
- Light-weight, balanced ergonomic design that enables hours of comfortable use.
- The ability of the computer and reader to charge together in the same charge dock.
- Flexible solution for retail inventory management applications.
- Optimized to deliver >99% inventory accuracy.
- Compatible with Honeywell Dolphin™ CT40, CT50, CT60 and ScanPal™ EDA50 mobile computers.
The following optional and replacement accessories are available for the Honeywell IH21 Handheld RFID Reader. Contact us today for more detailed information about these accessories.
- Honeywell IH21 Docking Station Kit
- ePop-Loq® case for Honeywell CT40
- ePop-Loq® case for Honeywell CT50/CT60
- ePop-Loq® case for Honeywell D75e
- ePop-Loq® case for Honeywell EDA50
- 4-Slot Battery Charger with Power Supply
- Spare Battery
|Air Interface Protocol:||EPCglobal UHF Class 1 Gen 2|
|Operating Frequency:||FCC (902-928 MHz)|
|Antenna Type:||Integrated right hand circular polarized|
|Max Read Distance:||Up to 6 m (20 ft)|
|Operating System:||Not published|
|Data Interface:||USB, Bluetooth|
|Memory/Expansion Memory:||Up to 32 GB Micro SD/SDHD card|
|Power Source:||Removable, rechargeable 4.2 V Lithium Polymer 2200 mAh battery, 8.4 watts hrs|
|Dimensions:||160 x 76.2 x 175.3 mm (6.3 x 3 x 6.9 in)|
|Weight:||0.365 kg (0.80 lbs)|
|IP Rating:||IP 54|
|Operating Temperature:||-10° to 40° C (-4° to 140° F)|
|Host API:||JAVA based Android SDK|