HID Global Seal Tag edTamper UHF RFID Tag
HID Global's Seal Tag edTamper are tamper evident RAIN® UHF transponders that allow digital detection of their seal status via RFID without a line of sight. Visualizing the tag is not necessary to identify broken seals. Seal Tag edTamper are easily affixed by closing the robust wire loop through an opening similar to securing a padlock. After being sealed, a bit in the tag’s memory indicates this status and can be detected with standard RAIN UHF RFID readers. Once secure, the loop cannot be opened without breaking the wire. However, the pull strength has been optimized so that a human can break it when needed (e.g. to pull out the life vest), but the tag does not accidentally open.
The Seal Tag edTamper will continue to send its ID, but in addition digitally alerts a different status if the seal is compromised. Therefore, identifying a broken seal among a large amount of sealed items is quick and easy with the swipe of a UHF reader. This unique feature is in contrast to visually tamper evident tags that need physical examination to detect a broken loop or electrically tamper evident tags that stop working when the seal is broken. Typical applications include sensitive and highly-secure items like, aircraft life vests or weapon/ equipment racks that require periodic safety and security checks.
Data Sheet — HID Global Seal Tag edTamper UHF RFID Tag
Need help selecting the right tag? Check out our tag guide.
Why buy this tag?
HID Global's Seal Tag edTamper are passive, UHF RFID tags equipped with integrated fasteners that detect tampering without physical examination. These contactless tags quickly detect and locate broken seals via RFID. They provide a digital notification if a sealed tag has been compromised to quickly scan large sets of sealed items for integrity.
- Fast and efficient to apply.
- Digital Tamper Evident - quickly detects and locates broken seal via RFID.
- Meets ATA Spec 2000 and other related standards to allow usage on aircrafts.
- Flame resistant (self-extinguishing).
- UCODE G2iM+ IC with tamper alarm bit-flag.
- Read range up to 6.5 ft (2 m).
- Custom encoding, laser engraved logos, Bar-/QRcode or text.
- Common application areas: asset tracking, logistics, airline life vest status check, weapon rack access check, fire extinguisher maintenance, and automated external defibrillators (AED) maintenance.