SMARTRAC Sensor Tadpole RFID Wet Inlay (RFMicron Magnus®S2)
SMARTRAC has complemented its passive sensor inlay & tag offering with a new, state-of-the-art sensor inlay for automotive industry applications in car manufacturing lines. It is designed to measure moisture condition changes within a car body, to detect any water ingress into the vehicle during ﬁ nal quality control checks.
The SMARTRAC SENSOR TADPOLE is a passive UHF inlay equipped with RFMicron’s Magnus®S2 Integrated Circuit (IC). This RFID sensor inlay offers excellent, stable performance on any difﬁ cult surface material, and is able to accurately pinpoint the location of water leakage inside the car body. The customized antenna design acts as a resistor/inductor/capacitor (RLC) tuned circuit to enable an antenna to sense its environment. The tag’s antenna converts environmental data into an impedance change, and then the sensor tag IC translates this into a sensor code, as it dynamically matches antenna impedance to die impedance.
Optionally, the antenna can be extended with a paper tail to recognize small water quantities from a wider area where RF signals cannot easily penetrate. The paper tail absorbs water and transfers moisture level information via capillary action to the tag.
This advanced SENSOR TADPOLE is a small and thin UHF tag that offers cost efﬁ ciency, is easy to implement, and works on difﬁ cult surfaces, like metal parts in the chassis. Delivery format is as a singulated wet inlay with the option of two different tail lengths. It can be delivered with TID list and sensor code values for increased accuracy and complementary data analysis, in conjunction with the SMART COSMOS Cloud Services platform.
SENSOR TADPOLE suits all converting-industry needs, and the inlay complies with all relevant industry standards and strict quality control parameters.
US Data Sheet — SMARTRAC Sensor Tadpole RFID Inlay (RFMicron Magnus®S2)
EU Data Sheet — SMARTRAC Sensor Tadpole RFID Inlay (RFMicron Magnus®S2)
Need help selecting the right tag? Check out our tag guide.
Why buy this tag?
Designed to work on metal surfaces to measure moisture condition changes within a car body, the SMARTRAC Sensor Tadpole RFID Wet Inlay delivers fast and accurate water intrusion detection on any difficult surface materials.
- Small and thin UHF singulated wet inlay with the option of two different tail lenghts.
- Equipped with the RFMicron Magnus®S2 Integrated Circuit.
- Easy to implement.
- Cost-effective, scalable, and easy to deploy moisture sensor tags that quickly attach to a vehicle chassis.
- Accurately pinpoints the location of water leakage within a car body and alerts personnel of a problem.
- Ensures quality control, enablings automated and reliable water detection and avoiding costly rework after delivery.
- Works flawlessly on metal surfaces with minimum signal degradation from surrounding structures.
- Detection area can be extended by using a wicking tail that guides moisture to the sensor tag.
- Requires no power source, servicing, or replacing.
- Application areas: automotive industry, construction industry, liquid packaging, and many more.