Honeywell Thor VM1A Vehicle-Mounted Mobile Computer
Forklifts and vehicle-mounted computers are essential tools in the day-to-day workflows of warehouses, manufacturing, ports and intermodal environments. Businesses need to keep moving products and materials in and out all day long, without compromise, and without worrying that their vehicle-mounted computer won’t be able to keep up with their workforce or their IT infrastructure. The Honeywell Thor VMA1A Vehicle-Mounted Mobile Computer is the mobile computing solution businesses and warehouses need.
Built with many of the same easy-to-use, easy-to-maintain features as the popular Thor VM1 and CV41 models, the rugged, Android-based Thor VM1A also offers all the advantages of Honeywell’s Mobility Edge platform. That includes the ability to accelerate provisioning, application certification and deployment across an enterprise. The Thor VM1A is upgradable from Android O to Android R, and features extended security update support to maximize return on customer investment and provide a lower overall TCO. The device’s advanced enterprise configuration and software support tools also simplify frequently repeated tasks such as unit setup and distribution of security and software updates.
Compact, ergonomic and powerful, the Thor VM1A has numerous breakthrough features designed to maximize productivity, minimize visual obstructions, and reduce or even eliminate downtime. The powerful Qualcomm 660 processor, integrated keyboard, and 2x2 MIMO WLAN communications keep workers connected and productive. Built to withstand extreme temperatures, the device’s large 8-inch display, readable both indoors and outdoors. This device is available in two configurations for either resistive and capacitive touchscreen options. Resistive touchscreens have industrial touch panels that support fine finger presses and standard styluses, along with gloves. Capacitive supports PCAP multi-touch touch panel for finger and conductive styluses, and utilizes mutual and self-capacitance modes for water rejection.
The Smart Dock feature delivers immediate savings on support and maintenance costs while maximizing efficiency, enabling users to quickly shift computers as vehicles fail or workloads change. The field-replaceable front panel allows enterprises to minimize investments in spare parts by substituting low-cost spare front panels for spare computers, and saves valuable time and maintenance costs by leveraging inhouse staff to service touchscreen or keyboard failures.
NOTE: A dock and mount must be used in tandem to mount this mobile computer to a vehicle. Contact us for more detailed information on mounting options for mobile computers.
Additional configuration options are available to meet your needs. Visit Honeywell Thor VM1A Vehicle-Mounted Cold Storage Mobile Computer or contact us today for more information.
Data Sheet — Honeywell Thor VM1A Vehicle-Mounted Mobile Computer
Quick Start Guide — Honeywell Thor VM1A Vehicle-Mounted Mobile Computer
- Honeywell Thor VM1A Vehicle-Mounted Mobile Computer Unit
- UPS Standard Internal Battery
- One Year Standard Manufacturer Battery
- AC Power Adapter, if selected above (Please note that using a non-manufacturer approved power supply voids the warranty)
Why buy this mobile computer?
Available with a resistive or capacitive touch panel, the Honeywell Thor VM1A Vehicle-Mounted Mobile Computer is ideal for operations that need reliability from their mobile computing solution that will keep up with their workforce and IT infrastructure. Built on the future-proof Mobility Edge platform, the Android-based Thor VM1A vehicle-mounted computer is built tough to handle harsh warehouses, ports and intermodal and manufacturing environments.
- Smart Dock feature enables mounting and removal in seconds without affecting the cabling, saving on support and maintenance costs while minimizing capital expenses.
- The Mobility Edge hardware platform and enterprise lifecycle tools drive an integrated, repeatable, scalable approach for accelerated and secure development, deployment, performance and lifecycle management.
- Field-replaceable front panel reduces maintenance costs by enabling on-site unskilled personnel to service the most wear- and abuse-prone components rather than returning them to the repair depot.
- Mobility Edge products provide five more years of security updates than a typical Android device.
- All Honeywell Mobility Edge computers share a common hardware and software platform. From an IT perspective, they are all the same product.
- 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core processor.
- 4 GB RAM with 32GB Flash Memory.
- LED backlit display of 400 NIT for indoor viewing.
- Resistive or capacitive touch panel to best suit an operation's needs.
- Full 64-key QWERTY backlit keyboard.
- Honeywell Software Client Pack that includes Honeywell SmartTE, Honeywell Launcher, and Honeywell Enterprise Browser.
The following optional and replacement accessories are available for the Honeywell Thor VM1A Vehicle-Mounted Mobile Computer. Contact us today for more detailed information on these accessories.
- Honeywell Standard Dock for Thor Series Vehicle Mounted Mobile Computers
- Honeywell U-Bracket Mounting Kit for Thor Series Vehicle Mounted Mobile Computers
- Honeywell RAM Clamp Base Mounting Kit for Thor Series Vehicle Mounted Mobile Computers
- Honeywell Enhanced Dock for Thor Series Mounted Mobile Computers
- Honeywell Windows-Styled Keyboard
- Honeywell Numeric Keypad
- Honeywell Granit Series Scanner
- Honeywell Mobile Printers
- Honeywell Spare Right-Angle DC Power Cable
- Honeywell DC/DC Converter Power Cable
- Honeywell DC Adapter Cable
- Honeywell VC5090 Power Cable Adapter
- Honeywell DC Power Fuse Kit
- Honeywell DC Power Supply
- Honeywell Replacement Internal UPS Battery
- Honeywell AC/DC Power Supply
- Honeywell AC Power Cables
- Honeywell USB Y Cable
- Honeywell Audio Adapter Cable
- Honeywell CAN-bus Y Cable
- Honeywell Screen Blanking Box Cable
- Honeywell Keyboard Adapter Cable
- Honeywell WLAN Remote Antenna Kit
- Honeywell WWAN Remote Antenna Kit
- Honeywell GPS Remote Antenna Kit
- Honeywell WLAN Local Antenna Kit
- Honeywell RAM Mounting Kit - Round Base, Short Arm
- Honeywell RAM Mounting Kit - Round Base, Medium Arm
- Honeywell RAM Mounting Kit - Round Base, Long Arm
- Honeywell RAM Mounting Kit - Clamp Base, Medium Arm
- Honeywell RAM Mounting Kit - Clamp Base, Long Arm
- Honeywell RAM Mounting Kit - Plate Base, Short Arm
- Honeywell RAM Mounting Kit - Plate Base, Medium Arm
- Honeywell RAM Mounting Kit - Plate Base, Long Arm
- Honeywell Mounting Replacement Parts
- Honeywell Replacement Front Panels
- Honeywell Protective Film
- Honeywell Thor Resistive or PCAP Stylus Kits
- Honeywell Screen Blanking Switch Box