Zebra DS8178-HC Cordless Handheld Scanner for Healthcare with Cradle USB Kit
Designed for healthcare environments, the Zebra DS8178-HC Cordless Handheld Scanner offers unparalleled performance on virtually every barcode in any condition. The DS8178-HC scanner combines the power of an 800 MHz microprocessor, a high-resolution megapixel sensor, and Zebra’s exclusive PRZM Intelligent Imaging technology. With this unique combination of hardware and advanced algorithms, the DS8178-HC scanner can instantly capture the most problematic barcodes found in pharmacies, labs, and at the point-of-care — including dense, tiny, curved, poorly printed, shiny, crinkled, faded, distorted, dirty or damaged, as well as electronic barcodes on dimly lit displays. This scanner comes standard with a wide array of easily controllable feedback modes designed for virtually any hospital environment. Healthcare staff can choose between haptic/vibration, a good decode LED, a traditional beep tone with adjustable volume and frequency, and Zebra’s Direct Decode Indicator that projects the illumination on the barcode to confirm that it has been captured. In Night Mode, a quick press of the trigger toggles between an audible beep and vibration. Clinicians can be confident that a medicine, specimen, or IV bag was properly scanned — without disturbing patients or interrupting the workflow to look at the scanner. Equipped with first-of-its-kind housing that offers maximum protection against the spread of infection, the DS8178-HC scanner is the ideal solution to enhance patient safety and the efficiency of point-of-care operations.
NOTE: The DS8178-HC Scanner is unavailable with UHF RFID technology. This scanner reads 1D and 2D barcodes, but does not have UHF capabilities.
Additional configuration options are available to meet your needs. Contact Us today for more information.
Data Sheet — Zebra DS8178-HC Cordless Handheld Scanner for Healthcare with Cradle USB Kit
- Zebra DS8178-HC Cordless Handheld Scanner for Healthcare Unit
- Three Year Standard Manufacturer Warranty
- Shielded USB Cable
- Desk/Wall Cradle or Presentation Cradle with Magnet or Presentation Cradle with Fasteners - depending on selection above.
- Power Supply and Line Cord, if selected above (Please note that using a non-manufacturer approved power supply voids the warranty)
Why buy this scanner?
Equipped with a purpose-built housing that offers maximum protection against the spread of bacteria, the Zebra DS8178-HC Cordless Handheld Scanner provides the tools nurses and other healthcare personnel need to perform everyday duties quickly and accurately. With the ability to instantly capture the most difficult to read barcodes and flexible feedback modes including night mode with vibrate, the DS8178-HC scanner can seamlessly integrate into existing healthcare workflows to boost process efficiencies and ensure that patients are left undisturbed until necessary.
- Cordless scanner for 1D/2D barcode capture.
- Unparalleled performance on virtually every barcode in any condition.
- Flexible feedback modes including night mode with vibrate.
- Highly visible and safe LED aimer.
- Two interchangeable power options are available to power your devices: a PowerPrecision+ battery or a PowerCap capacitor.
- Purpose-built with special plastics that allow for safe wipe-downs as well as concealed screw holes and seams.
- Zebra's UDI Scan+ makes it easy to capture and enter Unique Device Identification (UDI) information into your application.
- Manufactured with a built-in lamp that can illuminate a nurse's workspace.
- Eliminate Bluetooth interference with Zebra's proprietary Wi-Fi Friendly Mode.
- Visionary visibility into scanning and battery performance metrics.
- With 123Scan, you can easily create configuration barcodes to program scanners.
- Powered by DataCapture DNA, a set of unique development, management, visibility, and productivity tools.
- Common applications: healthcare.
Zebra OneCare Support with Comprehensive Coverage
Zebra OneCare Essential delivers the fully featured comprehensive coverage you need to maximize uptime and value of your Zebra device. This service sets the industry bar for service and support, with features that include coverage for accidental damage and normal wear and tear, technical support during your local business hours, access to software updates, and a 3-day turnaround time on repairs.
NOTE: This service is available for purchase within 30 days of your equipment purchase. Purchase of any Zebra OneCare Support Service voids the included standard warranty, resulting in a coverage of three (3) years total. Contact us today for more detailed information.
The following accessories are available for the Zebra DS8178-HC Cordless Handheld Scanner for Healthcare with Cradle USB Kit. Contact us today for more detailed information on these accessories.
- Zebra Power Supply & Line Cords for 81XX Series Scanners
- Zebra USB Cables
- Zebra RS-232 Cables
- Zebra Keyboard Wedge Cables
- Zebra Cup Holders
- Zebra Document Capture Stand
- Zebra Cradle Adapter Bracket
- Zebra Fastening Straps for Cradles
- Zebra ProClip Mounting Plate for Standard Cradle
- Zebra ProClip Mounting Plate with Quick Release Speed Clip for Standard Cradle
- Zebra ProClip Mounting Plate for Presentation Cradle
- Zebra ProClip Mounting Plate with Quick Release Speed Clip for Presentation Cradle
- Zebra Scanner Sled Hold for Consumer Devices
- Zebra Replacement Battery Doors/Covers
- Zebra Regional Power Supplies
- Zebra Line Cords
- Zebra Spare Battery