What is a Clearance Product?
Clearance Products are high-quality RFID items offered at deeply discounted prices. Our broad range of Clearance products include brand-new, discontinued, end of stock, returned, and lightly-used demo items offered at a reduced price. All Clearance products have been tested and are fully functional. Due to exceptional pricing, all Clearance products are final sale and may not be returned or exchanged.
Note: Supplies are limited to inventory on hand. Clearance products may have minor cosmetic smudges or may be missing original packaging.
Alien ALR-F800-X Enterprise RFID Reader With Emissary (902-928 MHz) [Clearance]
The ALR-F800-X is a truly transformational product created by the merging two core capabilities present in any solution. It is an ALR-F800 based 4-port Enterprise Class UHF Passive Reader and it is an Edge Service controller or manager that supports other readers in the network providing a complete Industry 4.0 solution. By transforming the reader into both a middleware host and an application host, multiple layers of complexity and cost are thereby eliminated. Additionally, by processing data elements at the source, the value of the data is exponentially increased, because individual read points throughout a vast enterprise can be examined and evaluated in real time. This adds immeasurably to the richness and quality of the Big Data analytic scenarios now emerging in every area of business life.
Data Sheet — Alien ALR-F800-X Enterprise RFID Reader With Emissary (902-928 MHz) [Clearance]
Need help selecting the right reader? Check out our reader guide.
- 1 Alien ALR-F800-X RFID Reader Unit Only (Country/region specific)
- l/O Mating Connector
- Note: DC or Power-over-Ethernet Injector Power Supply NOT included.
Why buy this reader?
The Alien ALR-F800-X is a revolutionary solution that simplifies RFID infrastructure installation, operations, and maintenance by combining an enterprise RFID reader and edge service device to provide multiple-reader visualization and management.
- Reader + Multiple Reader Configuration and Management in one device.
- Logical device and place naming.
- Visualize hardware and peripherals.
- Built in Activities.
- Workflow creation tool.
- Automatic Tag Data Standard interpretation.
- Automatic aggregation of data.
- Class leading Global EPC Gen 2 4-port RFID Reader.
- Same footprint as Alien’s ALR-F800 UHF Enterprise Reader.
- Built in handling of common chores.
- DSA (Dynamic Self-Adapting) real-time read optimization.
- Power source agnostic and auto-switching.
- Feature-rich Alien Reader Protocol.
- Dynamic Authentication of Higgs™ ICs.
- Exceptional sensitivity and performance.
- Automode, with on-board state machine.
- RoHS EU 2002/95/EC compliant.
- Plenum Rated (EAHS) per UL 2043.
What is Emissary™?
Emissary comes embedded inside the ALR-F800-X at no additional cost and is ready to use “out of the box” without the complexities associated with downloading special licenses. Each ALR-F800-X supports four additional readers (for five readers in total), and no additional Edge Server is required (the ALR-F800-X performs this function). The ALR-F800-X with Emissary is designed to be low fuss and simple to use. It visualizes readers, antenna, and other IO devices into a more logical view that is more customer centric. A complete multi-reader/device workflow can be described from built in Activities resulting in simplified installation, operation, and maintenance. Emissary consists of:
- User-friendly, familiar device, and location naming for multiple read-point environments.
- A simple mechanism to define and visualize how reader and non-reader hardware are applied to these various locations.
- Built-in common activities (such as read a tag, turn on a light).
- A Microsoft Windows tool for combining activities into the desired multi-reader and multi I/O device workflows (across multiple readers).
- Automatic interpretation of the correct Tag Data Standard when tags are read.
- Aggregation of tag read data (reports) into the ALR-F800-X where consolidated reports can then be transferred to the cloud or server (reducing data flowing between them).